Cottages by the Bay in Destin are the Answer
In the midst of planning your Christmas vacation, it’s easy to let your Near Year’s Eve plans fall by the wayside. Extend your Christmas vacation by a few days and stay in Destin, Florida for New Year’s Eve too. Our lodging partners Southern Vacation Rentals have perfect accommodations waiting for you at Cottages by the Bay. Tucked away just off of Calhoun Avenue, the Cottages are within walking distance of fun things happening in Destin for New Year’s Eve.
The Cottages by the Bay are made up of seven private homes, each with a unique name including Love Letter, Humble & Kind, and Family Tradition. Each Cottage sleeps anywhere from 4-12 people, and all seven Cottages can be reserved at once to accommodate everyone in your party. Inside the Cottages, enjoy luxurious upgrades including stainless steel appliances, hand-laid tile, and quaint, era-inspired furnishings. You won’t have to go far for relaxation, as the Cottages’ amenities include a private pool and fire pit. Soak up some sun, then gather with your loved ones to unwind under the stars. The Cottages have a two-night minimum requirement for reservations, so this is the perfect way to celebrate the new year in Destin! Visit here for more images and to view availability.
Meanwhile, for your New Year’s Eve celebration in Destin, HarborWalk’s annual New Year’s Eve Street Party is the place to be! Enjoy live music all night long with Flash Flood at 7 PM and Departure – A Journey Tribute Band at 9:30 PM. Fireworks commence at 8, while the ball-drop and more fireworks can be seen at midnight. HarborWalk is located within walking distance of the Cottages making them the ideal accommodations for your New Year’s Eve celebrations.
December 14, 2018
in Homepage Featured Articles
Tagged Cottages by the Bay, Destin vacation homes, New Year's Eve in Destin, Southern Vacation Rentals
Comments Off on Look no Further for New Year’s Accommodations
Coastal Living selects Destin as one of “The Best Christmas Towns in Florida”
On the Emerald Coast, the Destin Commons is center stage for all-things Christmas, including multiple performances by festive carolers and appearances by Santa himself. See Destin’s lively fishing fleet aglow with Christmas lights during the Holiday on the Harbor Destin Lighted Boat Parade, followed by a fireworks spectacular at HarborWalk Village—also home to the 12 Days of HarborWalk Holidays events. Always a good time, the vibrant Billy Claus and his LuLuBelles are making an appearance at Lucy Buffett’s LuLu’s in Destin.
Full article here: Coastal Living
Christmas Events This Week:
- Harry Potter Yule Ball/Destin Library, Dec. 13
- Emerald Coast Theatre presents “It’s a Wonderful Life: A Live Radio Play,”, til Dec. 23
- Holiday Pops with Chris Mann of The Voice, Dec 14, Sinfonia Gulf Coast
Looking to take a winter break? Check our lodging partner, Southern Vacation Rentals, for specials on winter fun for your vacation in Destin, FL.
December 12, 2018
in Events, General News, Homepage Featured Articles
Tagged Christmas in Destin, Destin, Destin events, Destin FL, Southern Vacation Rentals, Things to do in Destin, things to do in Destin FL, Vacation in Destin
Comments Off on The Best Christmas Towns in Florida: Destin
Best Places to Rent Paddleboards in Destin
Stand up paddleboarding is a fun activity you can enjoy any time of year. Even though you’ll need a wetsuit to stay warm this time of year, the water is still just as beautiful! No matter your age or ability, this is a great sport for all ages. It’s also a great workout with amazing benefits for the core, back, arms, and legs. Check out some of the best places to rent paddleboards in Destin, and discover a fun new activity while you’re at it!
- SUP Express Paddle Board Rentals & Tours – This popular paddleboard rental company services the Destin, Fort Walton Beach, Miramar Beach, and Sandestin areas. They offer four- and eight-hour rentals, as well as multiple day rentals. You can also embark on a guided sunrise, sunset, or SUP Glow night tour! Hop aboard and explore all the Emerald Coast has to offer, from the Destin Harbor Okaloosa Island’s waters.
- Paddle Tribe Company – Located inside LuLu’s Restaurant at the Legendary Marina in Destin, Paddle Tribe believes that providing quality paddleboards and knowledgeable instructors make for an unforgettable experience. They’ll be open for business again in March 2019, so mark your calendars! This stand up paddleboard company offers both paddleboard and kayak rentals, in addition to sunrise/sunset tours, guided tours, and even paddle yoga.
- GUSU Paddlesports – In business since 2009, GUSU Paddlesports is one of Destin’s most popular paddleboard rentals! They offer paddleboards for everyone from the beginner to the serious student. Their catalog stretches beyond paddleboards, however, as they also offer race boards, surfboards, beach chairs, and even accessories and apparel.
If you’re like us and are already dreaming of warmer weather, it’s not too early to start looking for your spring break vacation. Our lodging partners Southern Vacation Rentals are filling up fast for the spring break season, so don’t get left behind! Reserve this Destin, Florida vacation condo Jade East Towers 1010 for your trip to the beach. Luxurious accommodations for six make this an ideal spot for a friends’ getaway! Prepare meals in your fully equipped kitchen while you soak up the beautiful view from 10 floors up. Don’t miss out!
December 10, 2018
in Homepage Featured Articles
Tagged Destin Paddleboard Rentals, Paddleboarding in Destin, Southern Vacation Rentals
Comments Off on Try a Fun New Sport this Spring Break Season!