Three Destin Homes for Your Labor Day Getaway
Labor Day will be here before you know it, but there’s still time to get away! If you’ve been meaning to schedule that Destin beach vacation but haven’t gotten around to it, now’s your chance. Labor Day is a fantastic time to vacation as the weather is still warm, but the traffic and beaches are less crowded and most places don’t require those minimum night stays. So what are you waiting for? Plan your Labor Day vacation now! Need a little inspiration? Our lodging partners Southern Vacation Rentals have some of the most beautiful Destin vacation homes for your Labor Day getaway. Check them out below!
For a full list of Destin vacation homes for Labor Day weekend, visit Southern Vacation Rentals today. We’ll see you at the beach!
August 13, 2018
in Homepage Featured Articles
Tagged Destin vacation homes, Labor Day Vacation, Labor Day Vacation in Destin, Labor Day Weekend, Ocean Views, Reality Break, Sweet Destiny
Comments Off on Need to Get Away this Labor Day?
Cottages by the Bay
Have you driven down Calhoun Avenue lately? Then you’ve probably noticed a relic of Destin history: the Cottages by the Bay. Once twentieth-century fisherman’s cottages, they’ve now been restored to an Old Florida-style home, with a modern twist on a traditional vacation home. These seven homes were designed with group travel in mind; you can reserve all at once to accommodate up to 44! They’re perfect for your next family reunion in Destin, or even a corporate retreat. Or, if you’re planning to get married in Destin, the Cottages by the Bay are also located right across the street from the Destin Bay House, Destin’s premier wedding venue. They make the perfect spot for on-site lodging
Inside, each Cottage features a unique mix of luxurious coastal charm and simplicity. Touches like stainless steel appliances and oyster shell chandeliers will leave you breathless! These contemporary luxuries will enjoy you enjoy every second of your stay. You’ll also find that the Cottages are the ideal size for any group, ranging from accommodations for 4 to 10.
The Cottages are all uniquely named, with monikers including Better Together, Love Letter, and Family Tradition. On the grounds of the Cottages, enjoy a variety of group fun. Take a dip in the pool out back or gather around the outdoor firepit and television. Did we mention complimentary bikes are included? Hop on one and cruise the streets of Destin – the Cottages are conveniently located near Destin nightlife and the Bay.
Sound like your dream vacation? Reserve one (or seven!) Cottages with Southern Vacation Rentals today. Be sure to also check out their additional inventory of vacation homes in Destin. We’ll see you at the beach!
August 10, 2018
in Homepage Featured Articles
Tagged Corporate Retreats, Cottages by the Bay, Destin Vacation Home, Family Reunions, Reunions and Retreats
Comments Off on Stay at Destin’s Favorite Cottage Community
Where is your favorite place for brunch in the Destin area? Here are some of our favorites:
- The Local Market – You will want to order one of everything on the menu at The Local Market. You can’t go wrong with the breakfast bowl or the avocado toast (w/ fried egg and side of bacon) – add a splash of their house-made hot sauce. The yogurt parfait with homemade granola is also excellent.
- Harbor Docks – Try the fishermen’s special with two eggs, Conecuh sausage, cheese grits, biscuit, and coffee. If you have never had Conecuh sausage, you are in for a treat. Harbor Docks serves breakfast seven days a week, 7-11am. Also, there’s a bloody Mary bar 🙂
- Camille’s Cafe – We love the breakfast tacos, smoothies, and fresh juices. Try the “Camille Sunrise” made with pineapple, orange, strawberry, and coconut water.
- McGuire’s – The Irish coffee brunch is very popular, featuring omelets made with six eggs (!), potatoes O’Brien & beignets on the side.
- Jackacudas – The brunch menu is extensive including their own spin on chicken & waffles. The dish features fried chicken tenders with a vanilla bean waffle, chicken gravy, and bourbon maple syrup.
- Brotulas – They call it Sunday Funday, featuring bottomless mimosas and all-you-can-eat snow crab legs. This Sunday, Q’werty will be performing from 11:00 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Also, Destin United Methodist hosts several Sunday services either on the beach or on the harbor. Here’s a listing of their service times:
7:30 a.m Beach Service – Henderson Beach State Park
7:30 a.m. Beach Service – Crab Trap, Destin
7:30 a.m. Beach Service – Crab Trap, Okaloosa Island Boardwalk
9:30 a.m. Harbor Worship Service – Brotula’s Restaurant
5:30 p.m. Sunset Beach Service – Henderson Beach State Park
Just a few ideas for you to enjoy this weekend or any weekend in Destin, Florida. All of the above restaurants in Destin, FL are family friendly. Happy Weekend!
August 8, 2018
in Events, General News, Homepage Featured Articles
Tagged Brunch in Destin, Destin, Destin FL, Destin Florida, Destin Harbor, Destin restaurant, Dining in Destin, where to dine in Destin
Comments Off on Weekend Brunch in Destin