Best Places to Get Lunch in Destin, Florida
One of the great things about Destin is there is no shortage of great places to dine! While you’ll find a few chains here and there, the area is teeming with incredible local restaurants just waiting to be discovered. With a wide variety of options to satisfy even the pickiest of eaters, you could try a different place in Destin each day and never run out of options. Make the most of this rainy Monday (even in Destin, it rains!) and venture out for a bite to eat. Here are our picks for the best places to get lunch in Destin, Florida.
- Capriccio Cafe – Come for the crepes in the morning, but stay for their simple yet delightful selection of salads and sandwiches. Our favorite is the Prosciutto di Parma: prosciutto, cheese, greens, and extra virgin olive oil served on a delicious slice of focaccia.
- Mimmo’s – Mimmo’s is hands down one of our favorite Italian restaurants in Destin. All their sandwiches and paninis come served on fresh, homemade bread. We recommend The Sicilian: grilled chicken, fire-roasted red
peppers, caramelized onions, and fresh basil. Don’t forget an order of Mimmo’s Famous Italian Garlic Rolls!
- The Craft Bar – This Florida gastropub has locations in Destin, Miramar Beach, Panama City Beach, and coming soon in Fort Walton Beach. Stop into the Destin location for a pulled pork lunch plate with Williamson Bros. BBQ Sauce and roasted Brussels sprouts with low country grits. To snack on, go for the truffle fries with Parmesan cheese and Italian parsley. You won’t regret it!
- Camille’s – Camille’s Cafe and Beach Bar is open 7 AM – 5 PM daily, with a menu that’s sure to please. Treat yourself to a Smoked Tuna Salad with Harbor Dock’s house-smoked yellowfin tuna with tomato, lettuce, and provolone on an asiago bagel.
While you’ve got food on the brain, don’t forget about the upcoming Thanksgiving holiday! If you have yet to book your vacation home in Destin, there’s still time! Our top pick for Thanksgiving is Griffin’s Getaway, a four-bedroom vacation home that sleeps nine. You’ll love direct beach access along with the Caribe neighborhood’s relaxing amenities. Griffin’s Getaway also features a carriage home for extra space that the kids in your group will love!
November 12, 2018
in Homepage Featured Articles
Tagged Food, Lunch in Destin, Thanksgiving, Travel
Comments Off on What’s For Lunch Today?
Breakers East Condos in Destin, Florida ~ Open for Christmas!
Trade powder white snow for sugar white sand this holiday season. The beach is one of our favorite places to spend time with family and friends, and the holidays are no exception. Our lodging partners Southern Vacation Rentals are reporting that the popular Breakers East condos in Destin, Florida still have some Christmas availability. Call or book online with them soon, as you don’t want to miss out on Christmas at the beach!
Inside your condo, discover spacious layouts with room for six to eight guests. These two-bedroom, two-bathroom vacation condos come fully furnished with everything you need for an enjoyable time at the beach. You’ll love the fully equipped kitchens, cozy accommodations, and luxurious upgrades found inside your condo.
Then, of course, there’s the beach. Breakers East sits directly on our famous sands, overlooking the Gulf of Mexico. You could not ask for better views! At your Destin, Florida vacation condo you can delight in 30 feet of balcony space to relax on as you savor some of the most incredible views around. When you’re ready to head down to the beach, Breakers East’s private boardwalk will take you directly there! Carve out some time to enjoy Breakers East’s exciting community amenities, including a Gulf front pool, tennis courts, shuffleboard courts, and more.
Breakers East’s location in Destin could not be better. Situated right on Highway 98 in Destin’s downtown area, you’re nearby a myriad of family-friendly fun. You could spend a day at Destin’s local amusement park or shopping at Destin Commons and Silver Sands Premium Outlets, located just a short drive away from Breakers East. Destin also hosts tons of great dining options. Enjoy breakfast at The Pancakery, open daily from 7 AM to 2 PM. Or head down to The Local Market for a great lunch. Try the rotisserie chicken sandwich and their homemade pickle chips. You won’t be disappointed! Both of these restaurants are just a quick drive away from your Breakers East condo.
Ready to reserve your spot on the sand? Visit here for more information and availability.
November 9, 2018
in Homepage Featured Articles
Tagged Breakers East, Christmas in Destin, Destin Vacation Condos, Southern Vacation Rentals
Comments Off on Celebrate Christmas on the Beach!
November Events in Destin
November kicks off the holidays for us here in Destin, and we couldn’t be more excited about all the fun things happening! From family-friendly events to ice skating rinks in Florida, treat yourself to some of Destin’s exciting holiday happenings. Here are a few November events in Destin to take advantage of.
- Baytowne on Ice – For those looking for a white winter here in Florida, check out Baytowne on Ice! This seasonal ice skating rink is open daily until February 2nd at the Village of Baytowne Wharf in Sandestin. Hours for the rink vary by day, so visit BaytowneWharf.com or call 850.267.8184 for more information.
- 6th Annual Sparkling Wine & Holiday Lights – The magic continues at the Village of Baytowne Wharf in Destin! From 4-6 PM on November 17th, sip on over 30 different champagnes
while enjoying appetizers from featured Village restaurants. Stick around through the end of the night for the first tree lighting of the season, followed by Baytowne Wharf’s choreographed light show 12 Nights of Light.
- ArtWalk on the Harbor – There’s just one chance to take advantage of this fun artsy event each month, so don’t miss out! Since the event is held on the third Sunday of each month, ArtWalk on the Harbor takes place on November 18th from 11 AM – 4 PM. Over 40 artists set up shop on Destin’s Harbor just below Margaritaville, near AJ’s Seafood & Oyster Bar. Handmade pieces include work ranging from traditional art to jewelry, soaps, watches, and more. Come support emerging and established artists!
- Here Comes Santa Claus – The holiday season really kicks off with Here Comes Santa Claus at the Village of Baytowne Wharf on November 24th! From 6-9 PM, welcome Santa Claus to the area and cheer him on as he lights the Village Christmas tree. Don’t forget to bring your Christmas list! This holiday event is free and open to the public.
- Additionally, you’ll also get the chance to see fireworks over the lagoon and a special 12 Nights of Lights show.
FInd more things happening in Destin, Florida here.
Don’t forget to book your spot on the sand this holiday season! Stay at A Paradise Found, a four-bedroom vacation home with room for 12! Whether you’re traveling with extended or immediate family, A Paradise Found is an ideal choice. The home features covered parking, a fully equipped kitchen, and a tower room on the third floor. Located in the beautiful Gulfside Cottages community, enjoy fabulous community amenities including a large pool, lounge area, and of course, private beach access! Our lodging partners Southern Vacation Rentals indicate this home is still available for your holiday family vacation, so don’t wait! Call or visit online to book today.
November 5, 2018
in Homepage Featured Articles
Tagged Holiday Events, November Events, Southern Vacation Rentals, Thanksgiving
Comments Off on November Events in Destin