Best Summer Activities in Destin
Now that summer is in full swing here in Destin, it’s time to head to the beach and enjoy that warm Florida sunshine. No matter whether you’re a local, a seasoned visitor, or it’s your first time going here, you’ll find that there are so many exciting things to do on vacation for every type of traveler. Some people look for ways to relax and unwind, while others enjoy the thrill of adventure on vacation. Fortunately, you can do both here in Destin! Read on below for some of the best summer activities in Destin, from dolphin cruises to snorkel trips and even sky-high helicopter rides. As a bonus, you can book your summer activity in Destin with our lodging partners Southern Vacation Rentals’ Southern Perks program and receive exclusive discounts!
- Dolphin cruises – everyone loves dolphin cruises, and if you’re coming to Destin this summer, you absolutely must book one. What is more fun than riding through the beautiful Gulf waters with dolphins swimming right next to your boat?
- Parasailing – if you’re a thrill-seeker, parasailing is the activity for you. Strap in as you soar up to 300 feet high over the Gulf of Mexico and take in the sights! Some parasailing trips, like this one, even offer an optional photo package to help capture your memories. Just bring your sunscreen and some water and you’ll be all set!
- Snorkeling – Or, you can enjoy the Gulf at a little bit of a slower pace and venture out on a snorkel excursion. No experience is needed for your snorkel trip: snorkel instructors are available on and off the boat to answer all your questions. You can feed fish, snorkel through the waters, or just enjoy the beautiful weather. This family-friendly activity is great for all ages!
- Helicopter tours – If you want to really see the beach from a new perspective, a helicopter tour is the way to go. Destin helicopter tours take you over a myriad of locations including the Destin Harbor, Okaloosa Island, or, for the brave of heart, from Fort Walton Beach over Watercolor and into Sandestin. You can book your Destin helicopter tour here and get ready to soar high!
Don’t worry, there are so many more things to do on vacation in Destin. From renting pontoon boats to deep-sea fishing charters and even beach chair rentals, there is something for everyone! View more activities here. We’ll see you at the beach!
May 27, 2020
in Homepage Featured Articles
Tagged Best Summer Activities in Destin, Dolphin Cruises in Destin, Parasailing in Destin, Southern Vacation Rentals
Comments Off on Let’s Have Some Fun Under the Sun
Easy Memorial Day Dessert Recipe
Good news! Vacation rentals in Destin, Florida are open just in time for Memorial Day weekend, and we could not be any more excited! We’re getting together with family, going to the beach, and cooking out this weekend. Since the weather is supposed to be beautiful, a cool and delicious dessert seems to fit the bill perfectly, which is why we’re making our favorite Lemon Icebox Pie recipe. This easy Memorial Day dessert recipe comes together in just a few minutes, but requires some time to cool, so we recommend starting early in the morning or the night before to give it time to chill overnight. The longer it chills the better, but sometimes you just don’t have that much time! Here is how to make this quick recipe below:
|2 egg yolks
||1 large egg
|2 14 oz cans of sweetened condensed milk
||1 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
|1 prepared graham cracker crust
||1 1/2 cups sour cream
|2 tbsp sugar
||1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. To ensure your oven is at the right temperature, give an oven thermometer a try.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the egg yolks and one large egg until fully combined.
- Slowly stir in the sweetened condensed milk until blended.
- Add the lemon juice and stir to blend. Be careful not to overmix!
- Pour into the graham cracker crust and bake for at least 25 minutes, or until the outside edges look set and the center jiggles just slightly.
- Remove and set on a pie rack to cool to room temperature, then transfer to the refrigerator for at least six hours. This pie tastes better the longer it sets, so if you can let it sit overnight, we recommend it!
- For the topping, stir together the sour cream, sugar, and vanilla until blended.
- One to two hours before serving, set your oven to 350 degrees and bake for 10 minutes. Return to the refrigerator to cool for another 45 minutes before serving.
We hope you have a safe and fun time this Memorial Day weekend in Destin! For inspiration on things to do at the beach, check out some of our favorite activities in Destin for fun under the sun. We hope you enjoy your time at the beach!
May 22, 2020
in Homepage Featured Articles
Tagged Destin Vacation Rentals, Food, Lemon Icebox Pie, Memorial Day in Destin, Memorial Day Weekend in Destin, Summer 2020
Comments Off on Make this Easy Lemon Icebox Pie for Memorial Day Weekend
Memorial Day 2020 in Destin
We have great news for the upcoming Memorial Day weekend! Not only are we slated for great weather, with sunny skies and temperatures in the mid-80s, but Florida vacation rentals are open once more. We are so excited to begin welcoming visitors back to our beaches, and just in time for the long weekend. Memorial Day 2020 in Destin is shaping up to be a good one! If you’re looking for last-minute vacation rentals in Destin, Florida for Memorial Day weekend, there has never been a better time to book. However, demand is high, so once you find the home or condo you like, pull the trigger as quickly as you can!
If you are in need of some vacation inspiration, check out a few of our favorite properties below that are perfect for your Memorial Day 2020 getaway in Destin, Florida.
Looking for a luxurious Memorial Day getaway with a view? Now that vacation rentals and beaches are open, there’s no better place to stay than at Villa Coyaba #204. This high-end vacation rental in Destin not only has high-end furnishings and enough room for 12 guests, but the views are just as splendid! You can sit out on your private balcony in the evening and watch the sunset, or you can head down to the beach for some good old fashioned beach therapy.
If you’ve been quarantined at home for a while and need a place the two of you can escape to, Beach Resort #201 is the answer. This cozy one-bedroom condo rental is full of coastal charm and has everything you’ll need fo a weekend away. A large zero-entry pool and private beach access are just what you need after some time indoors!
Or, if you want a vacation at a beautiful condo in the heart of Destin’s Miramar Beach community, make Alerio #B402 the place you stay. With beach access just minutes away and exciting activities and delicious restaurants right at your fingertips, this condo rental in Destin, Florida couldn’t be a better choice. Your group of eight will be plenty comfortable here, and everyone is sure to love the upgrades including stainless steel appliances and granite counters in the kitchen.
May 20, 2020
in Homepage Featured Articles
Tagged Memorial Day 2020, Memorial Day in Destin, Summer Vacation in Destin
Comments Off on Memorial Day 2020 in Destin