Healthy Chocolate Sea Salt Bars
Spending a little more time indoors lately? Satisfy your sweet tooth and stay healthy with our recipe for healthy chocolate sea salt bars. The best part is that there is no baking required! Just pop them into the freezer for a couple of hours, let them set, and enjoy. This quick and easy recipe doesn’t require many ingredients and with the exception of a couple of things, you probably already have most of these ingredients lying around your house.
|1/2 cups pecans
||1 1/2 cups of oats
||3/4 cup coconut oil, melted
||8 whole pitted Medjool dates (preferably organic!)
|A pinch of coarse sea salt
||1/2 cup cocoa powder
||1/4 cup organic agave
||Powdered sugar (optional)
For the crust:
- Combine pecans, oats, 1/2 cup coconut oil, dates, and sea salt in a food processor and pulse until nicely blended. Set aside 1/2 cup of the mixture.
- Press the remaining mixture into a 9″x5″ pan lined with parchment paper or a good non-stick spray.
For the filling:
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together, cocoa powder, 1/4 cup coconut oil, and agave until smooth. Pour evenly over crust
- Dab the top of the filling with remaining crust and press gently. Sprinkle with extra sea salt.
- Place in the freezer and chill for two hours before cutting into bars.
- Serve and enjoy!
Or, if you don’t feel like cooking, check out some local restaurants in Destin, Florida that are offering to-go or delivery services. There has never been a better time to support our local community! And, when you’re ready to book your summer vacation, visit our recent blog for your summer vacation inspiration. We can’t wait to welcome you to the beach once more!
March 27, 2020
in Homepage Featured Articles
Tagged Easy Recipe, Healthy Chocolate Sea Salt Bars, Healthy Snack, Recipe
Comments Off on A Sweet Snack to Stay Healthy
Summer Vacation Rentals in Destin, Florida
Are you in need of some vacation inspiration while we wait for our beautiful beaches to open back up? Check out some of our favorite places to stay in Destin, Florida that are eagerly awaiting your summer or fall vacation. From large beautiful beach homes to condos with resort-like amenities, these summer vacation rentals in Destin, Florida are perfect for your upcoming getaway.
Looking for luxury in Destin? Look no further than Bare Feet Retreat. This incredible home in the Crystal Shores neighborhood sleeps a total of 16 guests with six bedrooms and five and a half bathrooms. With a private pool and a location just across the street from the beach, staying here is a dream come true.
For a high-rise condo in Destin that looks out over the Gulf of Mexico, Sterling Shores 714 is the place to be! We love this choice for a summer vacation rental in Destin, Florida for its brand new upscale furnishings and terrific location in the heart of Destin. It sleeps six guests with two bedrooms and two bathrooms, making it perfect for a getaway with close family or friends.
Or, if you’re looking for somewhere cozy for a “just the two of us” getaway, look no further than Beach Resort 205. This coastal condo is perfect for as many as six guests, with one bedroom and two bathrooms. With all of the at-home comforts right at your fingertips plus a view of the community pool and private beach access, it’s no secret that Beach Resort is one of the best places to stay in Destin, Florida.
Find Ocean Eyre in the Sovereign Isle community just minutes away from the beach and with a community pool to enjoy. This charming coastal cottage boasts room for 10 with four bedrooms and three and a half bathrooms. Four private bikes and a gas grill make this perfect for your summer vacation to Destin, since you can hop aboard the bikes and cruise the bike paths on Scenic 98 or host a barbecue in the warm summer air.
March 24, 2020
in Homepage Featured Articles
Tagged Bare Feet Retreat, Beach Resort, Florida, Ocean Eyre, Southern Vacation Rentals, Sterling Shores, Summer Vacation Rentals in Destin
Comments Off on Your Summer Vacation Inspiration
Restaurants Offering To-Go Meals in Destin
Are you looking to skip grocery stores and spend less time in line? These local restaurants in Destin are offering to-go meals for customers still looking to enjoy some delicious Gulf Coast cuisine. Simply place your order online or call ahead for pickup.
- Harbor Docks is offering its regular menu for to-go or curbside pickup. Just call to order and pay over the phone and let them know when you’ve arrived so they can bring your meal out to your car. That includes lunch, dinner, and even sushi!
- For your daily cup of java, get it to go from The Palms Bistro; their new Coffee House is open Tuesday-Saturday from 7:30 AM – 4 PM.
- If you’re craving Southwest food, get it to go from La Paz. They’re offering curbside to-go orders and in the next few days, developing a delivery program. Not to mention, 100% of all gift card purchases will go to their employees.
- McGuire’s in Destin is offering to-go orders this Saturday from 12-8 PM, and in the future, 12-8 PM to-go orders daily. Keep an eye out on their Facebook page for updates.
- Giovanni’s One89, located just over the bridge in Fort Walton Beach, is offering to-go orders on their delicious homemade Italian food. Support this small business by enjoying a family dinner for any size!
- While Boshamps isn’t offering to-go orders, they are implementing their first Boshamps Gift Card for Employees campaign. Every dollar received toward the purchase of a gift card will go directly toward Boshamps employees.
Visit here for more information on restaurants offering to-go meals in Destin.
March 20, 2020
in General News, Homepage Featured Articles
Tagged destin restaurants, Restaurants in Destin
Comments Off on Support Local Businesses