There’s something for everyone this festive season – so many things to do in Destin, Florida! Here’s several events that will help you get into the holiday spirit:
- A Rockin’ Holiday Concert – “A Rockin’ Holiday with Mary Wilson of the Supremes” at 7:30 p.m., Friday, Dec. 15 at Destiny Worship Center in Miramar Beach. Sinfonia’s full orchestra will accompany Ms. Wilson. Tickets available at Sinfoniagulfcoast.org.
- Kids Christmas Crafts – Children (ages 4-12) along with their parents, are invited to stop by the Destin Library from 1-4 p.m., Saturday, Dec. 16 and create Christmas ornaments. The event is free.
- Santa Cause Pub Crawl – Deck the halls dressed in your Christmas best (tacky sweaters, Santa outfits, elves, etc.) to spread holiday cheer through HarborWalk Village with jolly drink specials at each of the stops beginning at 6 p.m., Saturday, Dec. 16. Proceeds will go to the Junior League of the Emerald Coast toward restocking their clothing closets for children in the community. Stops include FishHeads, Margaritaville, Jackacudas, Harry T’s, Jester’s, Crab Island Cantina, and Coyote Ugly.
- 12 Nights of Lights – Enjoy a festive light show every Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday through Dec. 30 at The Village of Baytowne Wharf. Shows at 6, 7 and 8 p.m.
- Visit with Santa – Santa will be ready to for all Christmas wish lists each weekend at HarborWalk Village. The big man is available every Saturday and Sunday through Dec. 17. Event is free.
- Festival of Trees – The Festival of Trees display will be up until Christmas at Grand Boulevard with 12 trees decorated by area non-profit organizations.
December 13, 2017
in Events, General News, Homepage Featured Articles
Tagged Activities in Destin FL, Activities on the Destin Harbor, Christmas in Destin, Destin, Destin events, Destin FL, Destin Florida, Events in Destin
Comments Off on December in Destin
Not only will you watch dazzling sunsets during your Destin vacation, you’ll also enjoy memorable entertainment options at one of Destin’s premier movie theaters. Of course, this time of year, who doesn’t love a flick with holiday flare? Whether you want animation or a gorgeous cinematography (did someone say IMAX), we have your holiday playlist cued up.
Family Movie Day at Destin Commons
If the whole group is ready for an outing, what better place than Destin Commons in the heart of Destin? With boutiques, retailers, and dining options, there’s something for everyone. After frequenting your favorite shops, meet up for a movie at AMC Destin Commons 14. This holiday season, catch family flicks like Wonder, the story of a child who learns to accept himself as he is, despite his differences–an important reminder to be kindhearted all year round. For little ones, check out The Star, an animated film about the first Christmas celebration, narrated by the animals in the manger. Voiced by Tyler Perry, Oprah Winfrey, Patricia Heaton and Kristen Chenowith, you’ll recognize some of your favorite actors.
A Cinematic Experience at New Vision Boulevard 10
Located in Grand Boulevard, the New Vision theater offers the Ovation dining experience. In an Art Deco style venue with coupled chairs and plenty of leg room, enjoy appetizers, entrees, and even cocktails with your movie. There’s one movie not to be missed in all its cinematic splendor: The Greatest Showman. Starring Hugh Jackman as P.T. Barnum, embark on an adventure of imagination and hope. While not Christmas-themed, it certainly captures the spirit of the season.
Create Your Own Entertainment
With so much natural beauty in the area don’t do everything indoors! Be sure to take some time and stroll along the beach or visit a local park. The holidays are a wonderful time to spend with family in the warm Florida weather creating family memories.
December 4, 2017
in Homepage Featured Articles
Comments Off on Movies to Boost Your Holiday Spirit
Here’s our 2017 Christmas Wish List:
- Suitcase (checked) – Eagle Creek’s Tarmac AWD Spinner 26 or Eagle Creek’s Adventure 4-Wheeled Upright 25 are my favorite suitcases for travel. Tested on domestic and international trips. Stay within the 25-inch to 26-inch range to avoid going over the airline weight limits. Perfect size for 5-10 day vacations. Spinner wheels always. Eagle Creek also offers a “no matter what” warranty. eBags is my go-to luggage site. They are always running 20-30% off deals. Sign up for emails and accumulate reward points for future purchases.
- Suitcase (carry-on) – Eagle Creek is also my favorite brand here. I purchased this carry-on, the Expanse AWD Carry-on, as a gift. I love the styling and it’s very lightweight. I’m also planning to try this new one, the TLS Hybrid Spinner Carry-on, just released by eBags. Due to customer requests, they’ve added spinner wheels to their popular carry-on. The 2-wheeled version holds an amazing amount of stuff so really interested in trying this one. It is currently the “steal of the day” at $139.99 on the website.
- Packing cubes – These are great for packing and keeping you very organized while traveling. Pick a color for each child and teach them early how to pack efficiently. I’ve tried various brands and prefer the Eagle Creek and eBag brands. eBags offers the most colors.
- Toiletry case – The eBags Pack-It Flat Toiletry Kit is a favorite. Toiletry bags are usually the last item added to a suitcase so it lays flat or slides into the suitcase front pocket with ease. eBags now offers a large version, but I’ve found this one to have enough space. Currently priced on sale at $22.49 in several fun colors.
- Foldable duffle bag – This foldable duffle bag is perfect to add to your suitcase for souvenir purchases. Wish I had this on my last trip!
- Photo luggage tags – These personalized photo luggage tags would be a fun gift, maybe using a photo from your last trip to the beach. Currently on sale at Shutterfly.
- Artifact Uprising Photo Block – Artifact Uprising is my new favorite app. I can upload my vacation photos straight from my phone. They offer books, prints, and my favorite gift – the wood block & prints. You receive 12 prints that are 5 X 5.75. I love the quality of paper (stylish matte finish) used in printing. A truly special gift at $25. Also take a look at the brass easel with calendar. A little more pricey but a stunning gift.
- Artifact Uprising Photo Book – I’ve also had the 8×8 Instagram-friendly photo books printed with vacation photos and I’m so impressed with the quality. All photos uploaded directly from my phone!
- Travel Games – We loved playing games when we are huddled in our condo in Destin, Fl. Two current favorites my whole crew can recommend are Code Names (for 4 players) and One NIght Ultimate Werewolf (for bigger crowds.)
- National Park Passport – This park passport would make a great stocking stuffer. The passport can be stamped at visits to each of the national parks and stamps sets are also available.
- Week at the Beach! – Saving the best for last. How about surprising your loved ones with a beach vacation?! We can help with this link. Order one of our iLoveDestin t-shirts here, create a gift certificate for your dream beach vacation, wrap it all together, and hide under the Christmas tree!
Happy Shopping & Merry Christmas!
November 29, 2017
in General News, Homepage Featured Articles
Tagged Christmas Wish List, Destin, Destin FL, Destin Florida
Comments Off on Our Travel Christmas Wish List