Plan Your Holiday Party in Destin
The holidays are fast approaching, and if you’ve been thinking about planning a holiday party in Destin, now is the time to spring into action! This is the time of year when people are planning their holiday parties, so if there is a vendor or venue you’ve had your eye on, the moment is here. Planning any type of holiday party can be daunting though, so we’ve compiled some tips to help you out. Plus, our pick for the best event venue in Destin as well as accommodations to host your whole gang!
- If the holiday party is just your family, then you’ll have a good understanding of how large the group will be and who can make it. For a corporate event, you will want to ask your attendees to sign up by a certain date to ensure your venue is large enough, and any catering company you use provides enough food.
- Set a date! Planning your party two to three months out gives attendees enough time to arrange for childcare, travel, and other factors. Don’t plan too close to the holidays – that’s considered “crunch time” and you will likely not get the date you want.
- Determine a theme! Everyone loves a themed holiday party and now is the chance to let everyone’s creativity shine. Whether it’s a cocktail hour or an “ugly sweater” theme, your guests will love the chance to look festive at your holiday party in Destin.
- Finding a place to host your party is no easy feat, but fortunately, some of the best event venues in Destin are geared up to host your holiday party. We love our friends over at the Destin Bay House! They have the indoor and outdoor event space to bring your dream to life, with a stunning location right on Choctawhatchee Bay. It truly doesn’t get much better than this!
- If you have out of town guests coming to your holiday party in Destin, you’ll want to host them somewhere. If you’re hosting your holiday party at the Destin Bay House, then the nearby Cottages by the Bay are an ideal spot for everyone to stay! They are just across the street from the Bay House so you can walk to and from your soiree. Plus, the beautiful old Florida-style interiors invoke a quiet sense of luxury that will have you feeling right at home!
October 11, 2019
in Homepage Featured Articles
Tagged Holiday Celebration, Holiday Party in Destin, How to Plan Your Holiday Party in Destin, October 2019
Comments Off on Plan Your Holiday Party in Destin
Fun Fall Break Activities in Destin
Are you visiting Destin for fall break this year? You’re in luck, as October is undoubtedly the best time of year to visit Destin! Check out some of the fun fall break activities in Destin that are going on this year. Don’t forget to also book your beach vacation rental in Destin with our lodging partners, Southern Vacation Rentals, for great low rates!
- Baytowne Wharf Beer Festival – Happening this weekend on the 11th and 12th, the Baytowne Wharf Beer Festival is touted as the “#1 Beer Festival on the Gulf Coast!” Friday’s “Beer From Around Here” event features local breweries and is only open to 200 people. Saturday’s VIP event is sold out, but you can still get tickets to the Craft Beer Tasting from 2-6 PM. Sample beer from over 50 breweries and over 200 domestic and international craft beers while jamming out to live music!
- Destin Fishing Rodeo – Destin’s most popular October event is in full swing! Come on out to AJ’s Seafood & Oyster Bar from 10 AM – 7 PM for daily weigh-ins and to share in the excitement. There is also “Shark Saturdays” each Saturday during the Destin Fishing Rodeo, and you can only imagine the size of some of these sharks!
- Mattie Kelly Festival of the Arts – Art, music, food, and fun! This is one of the region’s premier art festivals, held October 26th and 27th and showcasing exhibits from nearly 200 artists. Come on down to the Cultural Arts Village during the last weekend in October for an unforgettable event!
- Bubbly Baytowne – Sip, savor, and shop at Bubbly Baytowne, a fun and free event happening next Thursday, October 17th at the Village of Baytowne Wharf. You’ll enjoy a selection of premium champagnes as you shop through the streets of Baytowne Wharf. This event only lasts from 5-7 PM, so you’ll have plenty of time to get to dinner after enjoying some delicious champagne.
October 8, 2019
in Homepage Featured Articles
Tagged Baytowne Wharf Beer Festival, Bubbly Baytowne, Destin Fishing Rodeo, Fall Break Events in Destin, Mattie Kelly Festival of the Arts, October 2019, Southern Vacation Rentals
Comments Off on Fun Fall Break Activities in Destin
Our favorite weekend of the year is almost here! The stage is set for the 41st annual Destin Seafood Festival, slated for this weekend, October 4-6, along Destin’s harbor boardwalk.
- More than 100 craft and food vendors
- Six stages featuring more than 35 musical acts
- Music will go from 4 p.m. to 10 p.m. on Friday, 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. on Saturday and then 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Sunday.
- Kid zone with a petting zoo and pony rides (near East Pass Marina, just west of the Boathouse)
- Parking in city lots are pay-to-park — one at Marler Street and another at the Destin Community Center. The Heron Harbor lot donates parking money back to the festival. As for the parking lot across from AJ’s, the proceeds go to the Destin History and Fishing Museum.
- Catch the shuttle this year! Emerald Coast Rider and the Okaloosa County transit system will be transporting folks for a $3 fee to and from the festival. On the west side, they will be picking up at the Emerald Coast Conference Center and on the east side at Bealls and Target.
- Shuttle buses will run from 3 p.m. to 11 p.m. on Friday; 9 a.m. to 11 p.m. on Saturday; and 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Sunday.
If you would like to join in on the phone, there’s vacation rental availability with our lodging partner, Southern Vacation Rentals. It will be a perfect, fun-filled weekend to vacation in Destin, FL!
October 2, 2019
in Events, General News, Homepage Featured Articles
Tagged Activities in Destin FL, Activities on the Destin Harbor, Destin, Destin events, Destin FL, Destin Florida, Destin seafood, Destin Seafood Festival, Events in Destin
Comments Off on Destin Seafood Festival is This Weekend