Vacation Homes for the Whole Family
It’s summer, and what better time to get together with the whole family than now? The kids are out of school, you’ve got vacation days, and everyone needs a little break from the daily routine. Whether you want to get away with just the immediate family or bring everyone into the mix, our lodging partners Southern Vacation Rentals have plenty of vacation homes for the whole family that everyone is sure to love. Check out three of our favorite vacation homes for the whole family below!
Sleeps: 12 | Bedrooms: 4 | Bathrooms: 3 Full
Located in the exclusive Destin Pointe community, Aqua Sound is truly a beautiful vacation home in Destin that you won’t want to miss out on. This home sits right on the water, so you can step out of your balcony and look out over the waves. When you want to head down to the beach, you only need to take a few steps! There is nothing like the ability to prepare family-style meals on vacation, and you can certainly do it all with the full kitchen. You’ll also have access to Destin Pointe amenities as well as four bikes at the home with which you can cruise around nearby Holiday Isle and Downtown Destin. What’s not to love?
Sleeps: 12 | Bedrooms: 3 | Bathrooms: 3 Full, 1 Half
Then, there is Frangista Retreat, found in Destin’s luxe Frangista Beach community. You’ll find this home nestled among the trees, giving you an additional sense of privacy on your beach vacation. Make the most of your home away from home, with everything you need right at your fingertips. From a full kitchen to en-suite bathrooms in each bedroom, this home truly has it all. In addition, vacationers at Frangista Retreat have access to community amenities as well, including a pool and private beach.
Sleeps: 8 | Bedrooms: 4 | Bathrooms: 3 Full
There’s a reason we keep coming back to Griffin’s Getaway, and the reason is that we truly love this home. Situated back in Destin’s gated Caribe neighborhood, Griffin’s Getaway is one-of-a-kind. Three of the bedrooms and two bathrooms are located in the main house, with one bedroom and one bathroom in the adjacent carriage house. Community amenities make your stay here even sweeter, with two pools, lighted tennis courts, and beach access at the end of Rue Martine. Did we mention beach service is complimentary in-season as well?
July 19, 2019
in Homepage Featured Articles
Tagged Destin Activities, July 2019, Things to do in Destin, Weekend in Destin, What to do This Weekend in Destin
Comments Off on Vacation Homes for the Whole Family
Begin each beach trip by checking the flag color for the day. The local flag warning system is universal across all of our beaches. You can also check out the Destin Beach Safety page on Facebook.
Double Red Flag: Water is closed to public due to dangerous water conditions
Red Flag: High hazard due to surf and/or strong currents
Yellow Flag: Medium surf and/or current hazard
Green Flag: Low hazard and calm conditions, remain vigilant
Purple Flag: Marine pests present, such as jellyfish, stingrays or dangerous fish
Rip currents, powerful currents of water moving away from shore, are also something you should heed while swimming in the Gulf of Mexico. These currents can sweep even the strongest swimmer out to sea.
How to Survive a Rip Current:
- Don’t fight the current. It’s a natural treadmill that travels an average speed of 1-2 feet per second, but has been measured as fast as 8 feet per second—faster than an Olympic swimmer.
- Relax and float to conserve energy. Staying calm may save your life.
- Do NOT try to swim directly into to shore. Swim parallel to the shoreline until you escape the current’s pull. When free from the pull of the current, swim at an angle away from the current toward shore.
- If you feel you can’t reach shore, relax, face the shore, and call or wave for help. Remember: Wave and yell…swim parallel
We hope you have a wonderful beach vacation planned for this summer. If you need help with lodging, check out our lodging partner, Southern Vacation Rentals, for help finding the perfect place to vacation in Destin, FL.
July 17, 2019
in General News, Homepage Featured Articles
Tagged Beach safety, Destin, Destin FL, Destin Florida, Vacation in Destin
Comments Off on Beach Safety in Destin
Best Barbecue Restaurants in Destin, Florida
There’s little we love more in the summertime than grilling barbecue outdoors with our friends and family. However, if grilling isn’t your forte, then that’s okay as there are many delicious barbecue restaurants in Destin, Florida! These restaurants are top-rated for a reason, and you’ll only need to take one bite to believe it! We’ve tried just about all of the barbecue restaurants in Destin, Florida but if we left anything out be sure to let us know on our Facebook page. After all, the best recommendations come from you all!
- Moe’s Original BBQ – The first Moe’s Original BBQ opened in Tuscaloosa, Alabama and has since spread to over 60 locations in the U.S. and even Mexico! At Moe’s BBQ in Destin, you’ll find daily smoked meats, fresh-off-the-boat seafood, and down-home sides and desserts. Dine indoors or outdoors or grab your food to go. Weather permitting, there is even live music at Moe’s!
- Jim ‘n Nick’s BBQ – Jim ‘n Nick’s is full of homestyle comfort foods like their beef brisket, baby back ribs, and unforgettable mac and cheese. Be sure to also save room for their famous cheese biscuits and homemade pie! The cheese biscuits are so popular, in fact, that you can buy the mix to take home and make yourself.
- Big Red Grill – You’ll find the Big Red Grill & Bar on Destin’s Harbor, serving delicious food accompanied by an even better view. Their Harbor-Q tacos are not to be missed out on; slow smoked pulled pork with house made BBQ sauce, topped with sweet slaw and dill pickles. If you’re lucky enough to catch the Big Red Truck around Destin or head to the Harbor, these are a must!
- Lillie’s Q – Originating in Chicago, IL and making their way down to “barbecue country” in Destin, Lillie’s Q is a special treat for barbecue lovers in Miramar Beach. With exceptional house-made sauces and slow-cooked meat, you’ll be hard-pressed to not order everything on the menu. Their moonshine cocktails are also something to savor if you’re 21 and up.
- Hog’s Breath Saloon – One of many popular barbecue restaurants in Destin, Florida, Hog’s Breath Saloon only has one other location in Key West, Florida. It’s famous for live entertainment, great food and drinks, and even world-famous T-shirts. You can’t go wrong with the BBQ pork sandwich or even the pulled chicken sandwich. Their house specialty, the Hogzilla Platter, is touted as a “bountiful sampling of smoked selections. 1/2 rack of dry rub ribs, 1/4 slow smoked chicken and pulled Boston butt pork”
July 15, 2019
in Homepage Featured Articles
Tagged Best Barbecue Restaurants in Destin, Big Red Grill in Destin FL, Destin FL Restaurants, Hog's Breath Saloon in Destin FL, Jim & Nick's BBQ in Destin FL, Lillie's Q in Destin FL, Moe's Original BBQ in Destin FL
Comments Off on Best Barbecue Restaurants in Destin, Florida