- Reserve Now. With so many terrific homes and condominiums to choose from, your options are greater if you can plan in advance for vacation rentals in Destin, FL. Also, rental companies will often offer lodging specials. For example, Southern Vacation Rentals is offering a “buy four nights, get one free” for reservations starting this Saturday, March 24. For April, there is a “buy two, get one free” offer for the Sandestin Wine Festival, April 12-15. Active duty and retired military are eligible for 5% discounts on vacation stays.
- Explore Your Options. It’s so much easier now to search for properties online with detailed photographs and maps. Use the search function on rental websites to narrow down your choices. For example, do you want a private pool or community pool? Hot tub or tennis courts? Beach front or beach access?
- Location, Location, Location. Once you decide on your beach location, enter your vacation dates and the number of people who will be staying in the rental property. Many rentals are Saturday-to-Saturday in the summer time, but you can explore the online calendars for shorter stay options.
- View the Photos. Once you narrow down possibilities, take a good look at the online photographs for the places you are considering. The photos will give you a good idea of location, decor, bedrooms, etc. If the listing says “beach view”, you should be able to see a photo of what that view is like from the property.
- Additional Reservations. Once you have nailed down your vacation rental in Destin, Florida, you can move on to planning the “fun” of your vacation. The area offers a slew of things to do in Destin, FL – everything from deep sea fishing to dolphin tours. Check out all the possibilities here.
March 21, 2018
in Events, General News, Homepage Featured Articles
Tagged Destin, Destin FL, Destin Florida, Sandestin Wine Festival, Things to do in Destin, things to do in Destin FL
Comments Off on Tips for Destin Vacation Planning
Have you ever wondered about the history of Destin?
Back in the mid-1920s B.C. (“Before Condos”) there existed five small cottages called the Island View Cottages. Operated by Mrs. A. H. Green of Pensacola, these cottages were popular among tourists. However, when the War Department declared Township 2, South, Range 22, West, their Moreno Point Military Reservation surplus in 1926, it became very difficult to sell the land we know today as Destin.
Mrs. Green eventually purchased two lots from the War Department to establish Destin’s first vacation rentals. A small home existed on Lot 8 and the property was purchased by the Greens. Along with four additional cottages and the pre-existing five cottages, the Island View Cottages became Destin’s first rental cottages. An ad in the Pensacola newspaper urged residents to “Spend Your Vacation Here!” The ad boasted attractive views of the Gulf Coast and a quaint location on the “shady shore of the Choctawhatchee Peninsula 100 yards away from the open Gulf.” By 1936 tourists could easily commute over the completed Highway 98 from Pensacola to Destin.
Now, Destin boasts a population of 13,654 according to a 2016 U.S. census. In the summertime, however, the population can easily climb upwards of 61,000! Wow! A variety of motels, hotels, and condominiums in Destin have made their way into the area for people traveling all over the world, eager to visit this slice of paradise.
Thanks to Dawn for these fun facts about Destin!
March 19, 2018
in Homepage Featured Articles
Tagged Destin Condo Rentals, Destin Vacation Condos, History of Destin
Comments Off on Destin Fun Facts
Looking for ways to have fun for Spring Break in Destin?
We’ve got you covered! If there’s anything we know about Destin, it’s that beaches and fishing are two of the most popular attraction. When it comes to fishing, no one knows the waters like Destin Premium Charters. Local captains Matt and Mike Jozwiak have been fishing the Destin waters for years, and are now bringing their talents to a new level. When you sail on the Triton it’s an experience you’ll never forget. Whether you choose to embark on a fishing charter, a happy hour cruise, or your own personal charter cruise, you’ll learn fun facts about local fisheries and ecosystems and capture breathtaking views of the waters.
At night, you won’t want to miss the chance to have a beach bonfire. 30A Beachside Bonfires makes it easier than ever to have fun this summer with their bonfire packages. Their crew takes care of everything, down to getting the permit and tending to the bonfire. You won’t have to lift a finger! Just sit back, relax, and enjoy the serenity of a bonfire on the beach. Choose from one of two packages, whether you want 10 or 20 chairs and three or four hours of bonfire fun.
It’s not too late to book Spring Break accommodations! Check out these beautiful Destin vacation homes and condos for beachfront fun!
March 16, 2018
in Homepage Featured Articles
Tagged 30A Beachside Bonfires, Destin Premium Charters, Fun in Destin, Spring Break in Destin, Things to do in 30A, Things to do in Destin
Comments Off on Spring Break in Destin