Planning a Girls’ Getaway in Destin
Now that fall is here, it’s a great time of year to come to Destin for a quick girls’ weekend. Cities like Atlanta, Birmingham, New Orleans, and Baton Rouge are all within driving distance, so you can pack up your car that morning and be in Destin before happy hour ends! We’ve listed out some of our favorite activities here that make for a perfect girls’ getaway in Destin. Plus, we’ve even highlighted some of our favorite Destin vacation rentals that are perfect for your group.
Use this as your guide when planning your girls’ getaway in Destin. We’ll see you at the beach!
- Spa day at The Henderson – If you have never treated yourself to a spa day at The Henderson’s Salamander Spa, you are missing out! They are currently operating during COVID with limited amenities, but are still working hard to give you the relaxing spa experience you deserve. Treatments at Salamander Spa include massage, facials, manicures, pedicures, and more.
- Shopping at Destin Commons – Destin Commons has been known as “the Emerald Coast’s best shopping center” for over 15 years! There are over 95 stores and restaurants combined, a play area, mural art walk, and so much more. If you’re coming down with your furry friend, Destin Commons welcomes them as well! (Endless shopping in Destin awaits!)
- Happy hour at The Craft Bar – The Craft Bar is one of our favorite restaurants in Destin, and happy hour there is a must. Monday through Friday from 2-6 PM, enjoy $5 happy hour bites and drinks. This includes favorites like their soft pretzels and mac n’ cheese, and house cocktails including their basil smash and “pepino del benicio.” (Check out more of our favorite restaurants in Destin.)
- Sunday brunch at Brotula’s – It wouldn’t be a girls’ trip to Destin without Sunday brunch! Destin is full of places to go for brunch on the weekends, but one of go-to places each time is Brotula’s. Bloody Marys, bottomless mimosas, and all-you-can-eat snow crab are just some of the reason we love Sunday brunch at Brotula’s!
- Workout classes at Orangetheory Fitness – Keeping up with your fitness on vacation? Head over to Orangetheory Fitness for a workout you won’t forget! If you have a class pass, you can join any class. If not, don’t sweat! Your first workout here is free. If you’re looking for a challenging workout with results, Orangetheory is the place to be.
Where to Stay:
Looking for more Destin vacation rentals for your weekend getaway? Browse more options with our lodging partners Southern Vacation Rentals.
October 16, 2020
in Homepage Featured Articles
Tagged Destin Vacation Rentals, Girls' Trip to Destin, Southern Vacation Rentals, Weekend Getaway in Destin
Comments Off on A Girls’ Getaway in Destin
With Halloween just a few weeks away, children and parents are wondering what the holiday will look like this year. Two Destin area locations are planning to go forward with outdoor events to give families some extra-fun options. Since one is during the day and the other is at night, you can go to both!
You are invited to bring the family to enjoy spooky crafts on the Uniquely Clever Art Bus, a photo booth by Epic Photo Co., balloon sculpting with Betty Longlegs, face painting by Arts on the Beach, and a magic and music show by Captain Davy and his Crew. Activities will be from 11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. on Saturday, Oct. 31.
Come dressed in your Halloween costume and get ready to have a ghoulish time. To keep all little ghosts and goblins safe, we will be hosting a Virtual Costume Contest this year. Be sure to submit your entry into Destin Commons’ first-ever Virtual Costume Contest to [email protected] For more information visit the Destin Commons Facebook page or destincommons.com.
The Village at Baytowne Wharf
Calling all ghouls, ghosts, and goblins to the Village of Baytowne Wharf for a spooktacular extravaganza! This Halloween,you are invited to trick-or-treat through the Village streets and visit merchants for your favorite treats. The DJ will play frighteningly good tunes on the main stage where there will also be balloon animals and crafts. Be sure to stop by Coconut Kidz to enter the costume contest and compete to win the grand prize. The night will end with a spooky fireworks display at 8:00 p.m.
If you are planning a weekend getaway and need lodging to vacation in Destin, FL, check out Southern Vacation Rentals for availability.
October 14, 2020
in Events, General News, Homepage Featured Articles
Tagged Activities in Destin FL, Destin, Destin events, Destin FL, Destin Florida, Destin happenings, Events in Destin, Fun things to do in Destin, Halloween 2020, Things to do in Destin
Comments Off on Halloween in Destin – Version 2020
Plan Your Holiday Party in Destin
The holidays are fast approaching, and if you’ve been thinking about planning a holiday party in Destin, now is the time to spring into action! This is the time of year when people are planning their holiday parties, so if there is a vendor or venue you’ve had your eye on, the moment is here. Planning any type of holiday party can be daunting though, so we’ve compiled some tips to help you out. Plus, our pick for the best event venue in Destin as well as accommodations to host your whole gang!
- If the holiday party is just your family, then you’ll have a good understanding of how large the group will be and who can make it. For a corporate event, you will want to ask your attendees to sign up by a certain date to ensure your venue is large enough, and any catering company you use provides enough food.
- Set a date! Planning your party two to three months out gives attendees enough time to arrange for childcare, travel, and other factors. Don’t plan too close to the holidays – that’s considered “crunch time” and you will likely not get the date you want.
- Determine a theme! Everyone loves a themed holiday party and now is the chance to let everyone’s creativity shine. Whether it’s a cocktail hour or an “ugly sweater” theme, your guests will love the chance to look festive at your holiday party in Destin.
- Finding a place to host your party is no easy feat, but fortunately, some of the best event venues in Destin are geared up to host your holiday party. We love our friends over at the Destin Bay House! They have the indoor and outdoor event space to bring your dream to life, with a stunning location right on Choctawhatchee Bay. It truly doesn’t get much better than this!
- If you have out of town guests coming to your holiday party in Destin, you’ll want to host them somewhere. If you’re hosting your holiday party at the Destin Bay House, then the nearby Cottages by the Bay are an ideal spot for everyone to stay! They are just across the street from the Bay House so you can walk to and from your soiree. Plus, the beautiful old Florida-style interiors invoke a quiet sense of luxury that will have you feeling right at home!
October 9, 2020
in Homepage Featured Articles
Tagged Cottages by the Bay, Destin Bay House, Holiday Celebration, Holiday Party in Destin, Holidays in Destin, How to Plan Your Holiday Party in Destin
Comments Off on Plan Your Holiday Party in Destin