3 Days in Destin
Only have three days to explore our little piece of paradise? Never fear, this little guide will ensure lots of delicious food and a variety of fun and adventure!
- Breakfast at Camille’s Cafe. Try a breakfast taco, healthy smoothie, or melt-in-your-mouth cinnamon roll.
- For your morning activity, hop over to Kitty Hawk Kites to purchase a kite to fly while visiting one of our beautiful beaches – Henderson Beach State Park.
- Lunch at Caribbean Joe’s. You can’t go wrong with the Cuban sandwich, shrimp panini, or steak burrito.
- Afternoon activity – how about a paddle board lesson? ¬†Visit the fine folks at GUSU Paddlesports for help and you’ll be paddling like a pro in no time.
- Cap off the evening with a sunset dinner & dancing cruise aboard the Solaris from Sunquest Cruises.
- Breakfast at my favorite new hidden gem, Capriccio Cafe, in Shoreline Village. Try a sweet (fluffer nutter – peanut butter and marshmallow fluff) or savory (the American – speck, Fontina cheese, and egg) crepes and any of the coffees, including one called Destin Dream. Also, order sandwiches for your afternoon activity.
- Afternoon deep sea fishing. Schedule an afternoon of fishing from one of the charter boats docked at Destin Harbor. You’ll learn why Destin is known as the World’s Luckiest Fishing Village.
- Dinner is “you catch it, they’ll cook it!”. Bring your catch to Jackacudas Seafood & Sushi or other harbor restaurants and they will prepare your meal to perfection.
- Sunday Brunch at Bric A Brac. You can’t go wrong with the crab cake Benedict or the shrimp & grits with poached egg. If you’re Day 3 doesn’t fall on a Sunday, check out Mama Clemenza’s for breakfast goodies.
- Morning water activity. We recommend snorkeling with Pelican Adventures or parasailing, but the sky is the limit. Check out TripShock for special discounts on a variety of water adventures.
- Lunch at Harbor Docks. Start with a round of sushi and tuna dip, then explore the menu from there.
- Round out your day with a dolphin cruise with Southern Star Dolphin Cruises, Crab Island Dolphin Tours, or SunVenture Catamaran cruises. If you have children along, a Buccaneer Pirate Cruise would also be great fun.
- Dinner in style at Beach Walk Cafe. Ask for a table facing the gulf and savor your last evening in paradise.
(photo: ¬†Jesse Foy of Foytography)