5 Fun Things To Do on The Destin Harbor
The Destin Harbor is a Playground of Water Enjoyment!
There is no other harbor in the world like the Destin Harbor on the Emerald Coast. The way the Pass opens to the Gulf and conjoined by the Harbor and the Choctawhatchee Bay lends opportunity for plenty of fun on the water.
- Boat Rentals in Destin make it easy to have the most fun in the sun as possible. Wet N Wild Water Sports has a huge selection of various kinds of boats to rent. From sporty fishing boats and relaxing sailboats to exclusive pontoon boats and even super fast Powerboats! They also now hold the only 24-foot, 115 HP Pontoon boat on the Harbor. With a boat rental you can anchor out at Crab Island for live music on the floating stages, dock and eat fresh seafood at our many popular Destin Restaurants on the water, or go a little more relaxing with a sunset cruise picnic at your own pace.
- Destin Wave Runner or Jet Ski rentals¬†are one that can¬†curb your need for speed also!¬†They have¬†top of the line wave runners that can hold 1 to 3 people which you can enjoy speeding along or just cruise the harbor or Crab Island or the Choctawhatchee Bay. This is one of the only companies that has a Sunset Wave Runner Special Cruise time.
- Deep Sea Fishing is Destin’s premium activity since we are touted, “The World’s¬†Luckiest Fishing Village”. Labeled by any angler with excitement for it’s very successful and popular fishing industry. Charter Fishing Boats are lined up on the Destin Harbor¬†ready to give you an experience and some¬†big fish tales to last you a life time. There’s the¬†charter boat,¬†Anastasia, with 44 years experience¬†Captain Tony¬†or Frank Davis offers 1/2 day, full day, and even 2 or 3¬†day overnight offshore fishing trips. The overnight offshore¬†charters is where you catch Marlin, Yellow Fin¬†& Black Fin Tuna.¬†Or you can contact Captain Scott Robson¬†on charter boat Phoenix with over 30 years of experience that also offers daily¬†and overnight or inshore¬†and¬†offshore fishing on their very roomy 52′ charter boat perfect for fishing with the¬†family in Destin or¬†book it for groups of friends!¬†
- Don’t forget Paddle Boards! Paddleboarding has become the fastest growing water sport around the country and The Destin Harbor has a plethora of places to go sight seeing on the paddle boards. You can rent a paddle board at Kitty Hawk Kites in HarborWalk Village, right at the mouth of the Destin Harbor.¬†KHK also have the lighted boards, as we mention in an earlier blog, for night paddling. The Popular GUSU Odyssey boards can be rented from the Destin Docks behind the infamous AJ’s Oyster and Seafood Restaurant. Both locations¬†will give you a “paddle talk” instruction to teach you the how to’s of paddleboarding¬†that will¬†have you at least looking like you know what you’re doing.
- Short trip bay fishing. Let the 22 ft. Lil’ Stasia (the mini shadow of the Anastasia Charter) take you fishing for Redfish, Speckled Trout, Amberjack, Sheepshead, Pompano, Triggerfish, Blackdrum and Flounder. Fishin in Destin, Florida is a world class experience. Enjoy it with the Lil’ Stasia! The Lil’ Stasia can also do longer trips so you can call to find out what all is offered at 850-420-7993
What ever your personality is like, thrill junkie or self proclaimed awesome angler… The Destin Harbor has the best of all water activities. We will be telling you more about the Things to Do on The Destin Harbor in our future blogs. There is just so much offered and so many different styles of activities, it’s hard to name them all in one blog! So here are 5 to get you going and some connections to do so!!! Enjoy the Fun!