Art Festival Highlights Destin Weekend
The weather forecast is just perfect for this weekend in Destin, FL providing a terrific setting for the annual Festival of the Arts – a celebration of art, music, food, & fun. Â
- This yearâ€™s event, set for Saturday, Oct. 25 and Sunday, Oct. 26, will be held at theÂ Mattie Kelly Cultural Arts Village in Destin.
- Considered one of the Southeast’s premier art festivals, the event features exhibits by more than 100 juried artists. Â The whole family is invited to also enjoy a variety of music and food booths. Â
- Dubbed â€śCuisine on the Green,â€ť the festival will welcome 790 On the Gulf, Tucker Dukes, The Big Red Truck, Jim N’ Nicks, Rosey’s Kettle Corn, Mark’s Hawaiian Shaved Ice, Deep South Sno Treats, and a newly expanded wine bar and beer garden.
- The music stage will feature six musical acts from the 30A Singer/Songwriter’s series including Coconut Radio Band, Â Matt Hoggatt, Mr. Perfect, Continuum, The Season Ammons Band, and, from NBC’s The Voice, Geoff McBride.
- Organizers say 23 of the exhibitors are new to the art show. Â All of the artists will be bringing their very best as they vie for $10,000 in cash prizes.
With the daily temperatures forecast in the high 70â€™s and low 80â€™s for the next few weeks, itâ€™s a perfect time to plan a festival and beach visit, especially with our lodging partners offering fall specials, ranging up to 25%.Â