Art & Music = Labor Day Fun
BAYTOWNE ART WALK
One of our favorite art festivals, the Baytowne Art Walk, will again take place over Labor Day weekend, Sept. 1-3. This three-day festival is filled with world-class art and entertainment, featuring great artists from the southeast.
More than 30 art vendors will feature fine art, photography, oils, acrylics and sculptures. Guest are invited to stroll the streets of The Village of Baytowne Wharf while enjoying live music from Coconut Radio, Chris Alvarado, Matt McCarty, and Scott Rockwood.
LABOR DAY WEEKEND CONCERTS
Two concert events are planned that will bring back memories of terrific music from the good ol’ days. How about a little Frank Sinatra, Elvis, and the Temptations? The American Legends Labor Day Music Festival will pay tribute to those American musical greats.
- The event will feature special performances by Joshua Paul Sirten – â€śA Sinatra Tributeâ€ť, Ron Adams – â€śA Shadow of the Kingâ€ť and The Temptations Revue featuring original Temptations member, Reggie Reed.
- Boggy Bayou Productions is co-sponsoring the event with the Mattie Kelly Arts Center at the Mattie Kelly Amphitheater, on the Northwest Florida State College campus, September 1, 6:00 p.m.
- Reserved seats are $25.00 and general admission lawn seats are $15.00. Blankets and folding chairs are allowed, but no coolers. There will be food and a full bar available onsite.
- Tickets are on sale now at http://www.mattiekellyartscenter.org/.
For the second special concert, get ready to dance down memory lane and groove to the many hits from Chicago. Scheduled for Labor Day, the event will spotlight the 10-member Chicago tribute band sensation, Make Me Smile.
- Mattie Kelly Arts Foundation and Trustmark Bank are co-hosting this special event for the Emerald Coast. Featuring a 7-piece rhythm section and a three-piece horn section, Make Me Smile will bring to life all your favorite Chicago hits.
- Hereâ€™s a preview: Â â€śBaby, What a Big Surprise,â€ť â€śWishing You Were Here,â€ť â€ś25 or 6 to 4,â€ť â€śSaturday in the Park,â€ť â€śCall On Me,â€ť â€śDoes Anybody Really Know What Time It Is,â€ť â€śFeelinâ€™ Stronger Every Day,â€ť â€śIf You Leave Me Now,â€ť â€śMake Me Smileâ€ť and many more.
- General admission is $25. You can buy tickets at the door or go here to MKAF. A limited number of VIP tables for 8 people are available for $225.
- Raffle prizes will also be awarded at intermission. Drinks and food truck goodies will be available for purchase.
- This family event will be held at the Dugas Pavilion and the Village Green at the Mattie Kelly Cultural Arts Village in Destin.
If you still need vacation rental in Destin, Fl, check with Southern Vacation Rentals for availability.Â Get your concert tickets, grab a picnic, and come join the Labor Day fun!