Best Fish Taco Recipe
Best Fish Taco Recipe
Craving fish tacos? We’ve got you covered! Fish tacos are a staple here on the Gulf Coast and can be prepared a variety of different ways. Breaded, fried, or blackened, served in a hard or soft shell. We don’t discriminate when it comes to fish tacos! If you’re looking for a healthy fish taco recipe, try this one out as the fish is grilled and features delicious veggie toppings. We might be a little biased, but this is definitely the best fish taco recipe we’ve ever tasted!
You can prepare your fish a few different ways – on a skillet over a hot stove, or on the grill at your Destin vacation rental. With summer in full swing, you’ll definitely want to look for vacation rentals in Destin with private grills so you can make the most of cooking outdoors. Pick up some deliciousÂ fish (tilapia, mahi, snapper, or halibut work perfectly!) from your local Destin seafood market. Be sure to get them fileted for faster cook time.
Ready to prepare these delicious fish tacos? Let’s get started!
For the Fish:
|1 lb lean white fish fillets||Salt and black pepper, to taste||1 tsp cumin|
|8 white corn tortillas||1 minced garlic clove||1/2 tsp paprika|
|2 tbsp olive oil||1 half-tsp chili powder||1/8 tsp cayenne pepper|
The Crema Sauce:
|1/2 cup sour cream||1/3 cup mayonnaise||1 small lime, juiced (or 2 tbsp bottled lime juice)|
|1/2 tsp garlic powder||1/4 tsp salt||1/2 tsp cumin|
|1 tsp hot sauce|
And the Toppings:
|Pico de gallo||Cojita cheese||Shredded cabbage|
|Cilantro||Sliced avocado||Lime wedges|
|Red onion||Hot sauce||Shredded lettuce|
- Lay your fish out on a plate and season both sides with salt and pepper
- Whisk together the oil, garlic, chili powder, cumin, paprika, and cayenne in a large mixing bowl.
- Add fish to a large Ziploc bag with the marinade. Allow the fish to sit for 20-30 minutes.
- Preheat your grill or skillet to medium-high heat. Make sure to apply oil to the grill grates or skillet first!
- Grill fish for 3-4 minutes on each side. Flip only once! You will know the fish is done when it begins to flake (test this with a fork).
- Cook tortillas on a dry skillet for a few seconds on each side until warmed.
- Transfer fish to a clean plate and rest for 3 minutes before shredding with a fork.
- Lastly, serve on warm tortillas and top with the pico de gallo, cabbage, red onion, avocado, and Cojita cheese. Add cilantro, lettuce, lime wedges, and hot sauce as desired. Donâ€™t forget the crema sauce!
Enjoy! What did you think about our best fish taco recipe? Let us know on our iLoveDestin Facebook page!