Best Places to Get Lunch in Destin, Florida
One of the great things about Destin is there is no shortage of great places to dine! While you’ll find a few chains here and there, the area is teeming with incredible local restaurants just waiting to be discovered. With a wide variety of options to satisfy even the pickiest of eaters, you could try a different place in Destin each day and never run out of options. Make the most of this rainy Monday (even in Destin, it rains!) and venture out for a bite to eat. Here are our picks for the best places to get lunch in Destin, Florida.
- Capriccio Cafe – Come for the crepes in the morning, but stay for their simple yet delightful selection of salads and sandwiches. Our favorite is the Prosciutto di Parma: prosciutto, cheese, greens, and extra virgin olive oil served on a delicious slice of focaccia.
- Mimmo’s – Mimmo’s is hands down one of our favorite Italian restaurants in Destin. All their sandwiches and paninis come served on fresh, homemade bread. We recommend The Sicilian: grilled chicken, fire-roasted red
peppers, caramelized onions, and fresh basil. Don’t forget an order of Mimmo’s Famous Italian Garlic Rolls!
- The Craft Bar – This Florida gastropub has locations in Destin, Miramar Beach, Panama City Beach, and coming soon in Fort Walton Beach. Stop into the Destin location for a pulled pork lunch plate with Williamson Bros. BBQ Sauce and roasted Brussels sprouts with low country grits. To snack¬†on, go for the truffle fries with Parmesan cheese and Italian parsley. You won’t regret it!
- Camille’s – Camille’s Cafe and Beach Bar is open 7 AM – 5 PM daily, with a menu that’s sure to please. Treat yourself to a Smoked Tuna Salad with Harbor Dock’s house-smoked¬†yellowfin tuna with tomato, lettuce, and provolone on an asiago bagel.
While you’ve got food on the brain, don’t forget about the upcoming Thanksgiving holiday! If you have yet to book your vacation home in Destin, there’s still time! Our top pick for Thanksgiving is Griffin’s Getaway, a four-bedroom vacation home that sleeps nine. You’ll love direct beach access along with the Caribe neighborhood’s relaxing amenities. Griffin’s Getaway also features a carriage home for extra space that the kids in your group will love!
Tagged Food, Lunch in Destin, Thanksgiving, Travel
Comments Off on What’s For Lunch Today?
Breakers East Condos in Destin, Florida ~ Open for Christmas!
Trade powder white snow for sugar white sand this holiday season. The beach is one of our favorite places to spend time with family and friends, and the holidays are no exception. Our lodging partners Southern Vacation Rentals are reporting that the popular Breakers East condos in Destin, Florida still have some Christmas availability. Call or book online with them soon, as you don’t want to miss out on Christmas at the beach!
Inside your condo, discover spacious layouts with room for six to eight guests.¬†These two-bedroom, two-bathroom vacation condos come fully furnished with everything you need for an enjoyable time at the beach. You’ll love the fully equipped kitchens, cozy accommodations, and luxurious upgrades found inside your condo.
Then, of course, there’s the beach. Breakers East sits directly on our famous sands, overlooking the Gulf of Mexico. You could not ask for better views! At your Destin, Florida vacation condo you can delight in 30 feet of balcony space to relax on as you savor some of the¬†most incredible views around. When you’re ready to head down to the beach, Breakers East’s private boardwalk will take you directly there! Carve out some time to enjoy Breakers East’s exciting community amenities, including a Gulf front pool, tennis courts, shuffleboard courts, and more.
Breakers East’s location in Destin could not be better. Situated right on Highway 98 in Destin’s downtown area, you’re nearby a myriad of family-friendly fun. You could spend a day at Destin’s local amusement park or shopping at Destin Commons and Silver Sands Premium Outlets, located just a short drive away from Breakers East. Destin also hosts tons of great dining options. Enjoy breakfast at The Pancakery, open daily from 7 AM to 2 PM. Or head down to The Local Market for a great lunch. Try the rotisserie chicken sandwich and their homemade pickle chips. You won’t be disappointed! Both of these restaurants¬†are just a quick drive away from your Breakers East condo.
Ready¬†to reserve your spot on the sand?¬†Visit here for more information and availability.
Tagged Breakers East, Christmas in Destin, Destin Vacation Condos, Southern Vacation Rentals
Comments Off on Celebrate Christmas on the Beach!
November Events in Destin
November kicks off the holidays for us here in Destin, and we couldn’t be more excited about all the fun things happening! From family-friendly events to ice skating rinks in Florida, treat yourself to some of Destin’s exciting holiday happenings. Here are a few November events in Destin to take advantage of.
- Baytowne on Ice – For those looking for a white winter here in Florida, check out Baytowne on Ice! This seasonal ice skating rink is open daily until February 2nd at the Village of Baytowne Wharf in Sandestin.¬†Hours for the rink vary by day, so visit¬†BaytowneWharf.com¬†or call¬†850.267.8184 for more information.
- 6th Annual Sparkling Wine & Holiday Lights – The magic continues at the Village of Baytowne Wharf in Destin! From 4-6 PM on November 17th, sip on over 30 different champagnes
while enjoying appetizers from featured Village restaurants. Stick around through the end of the night for the first tree lighting of the season, followed by Baytowne Wharf’s choreographed light show 12 Nights of Light.
- ArtWalk on the Harbor – There’s just one chance to take advantage of this fun artsy event each month, so don’t miss out! Since the event is held on the third Sunday of each month, ArtWalk on the Harbor takes place on November 18th from 11 AM – 4 PM. Over 40 artists set up shop on Destin’s Harbor just below Margaritaville, near AJ’s Seafood & Oyster Bar. Handmade pieces include work ranging from traditional art to jewelry, soaps, watches, and more. Come support emerging and established artists!
- Here Comes Santa Claus¬†– The holiday season really kicks off with Here Comes Santa Claus at the Village of Baytowne Wharf on November 24th! From 6-9 PM, welcome Santa Claus to the area and cheer him on as he lights the Village Christmas tree. Don’t forget to bring your Christmas list! This holiday event is free and open to the public.
- Additionally, you’ll also get the chance to see fireworks over the lagoon and a special 12 Nights of Lights show.
FInd more things happening in Destin, Florida here.
Don’t forget to book your spot on the sand this holiday season! Stay at A Paradise Found,¬†a four-bedroom vacation home with room for 12! Whether you’re traveling with extended or immediate family, A Paradise Found is an ideal choice. The home features covered parking, a fully equipped kitchen, and a tower room on the third floor. Located in the beautiful Gulfside Cottages community, enjoy fabulous community amenities including a large pool, lounge area, and of course, private beach access! Our lodging partners Southern Vacation Rentals indicate this home is still available for your holiday family vacation, so don’t wait! Call or visit online to book today.
Tagged Holiday Events, November Events, Southern Vacation Rentals, Thanksgiving
Comments Off on November Events in Destin
Come Together in Destin
In our opinion, there’s no better way to round out the year than with a winter getaway to Destin. Whether you’re traveling with the whole family or your closest girlfriends, stay at Come Together for the ultimate vacation. This seven bedroom¬†luxury Destin vacation home¬†sleeps 30 guests with ease, so it’s perfect no matter how large your group is. Come Together also features a two-bedroom carriage home with custom-built bunks and a media room. If you’re traveling with kids in your group, this allows them to have their own separate space!
Come Together spares no expense when it comes to luxury. The kitchen comes fully equipped and decorated with quartz countertops, stainless steel appliances, and a beautifully tiled backsplash. The bathrooms are also adorned with quartz countertops, one of our favorite opulent touches. Private balconies off the bedrooms offer views of both Destin’s Grand Palms community and a sliver of the beach, along with views of the lake in the opposite direction. Enjoy our mild winters as you relax on the spacious pool deck. Decorated with modern architecture and warm elements, we think you’ll love every aspect Come Together has to offer!
With the location in the Grand Palms neighborhood, right off Scenic Highway 98, find everything you need for a relaxing week away. Come Together is located directly across the street from the beach, with public beach access just minutes away at The Crab Trap. You’ll also find that the home is conveniently located near Destin Commons and Silver Sands Outlets, Destin’s premium shopping malls. Get your closest girlfriends together to spend a day of fun exploring Destin. With the golf cart included at Come Together, you can easily explore Destin and all the area has to offer. Head a little further out into Sandestin for a day at Grand Boulevard, the area’s luxury outdoor shopping center.
View more Destin vacation homes with Southern Vacation Rentals here. But don’t wait to book – winter inventory is shrinking by the day! Call 866.751.4547¬†to reserve your spot on the sand today!
Tagged Come Together in Destin, Destin Vacation Home, Southern Vacation Rentals
Comments Off on “Come Together” for a Winter Getaway
Shopping in Destin
There’s a reason it’s called “retail therapy.” While some people enjoy the beach, others enjoy the relaxation a day of shopping can provide. Destin has quickly become a place people from all over flock to, and not just for the vacation. Friends coming for a girl’s weekend and even large families often come to Destin just for the shopping itself! Our fabulous shopping centers see everything from nationwide retailers to specialty boutiques that encourage you to shop locally. Check out some of our favorite places below for shopping in Destin, and maybe get a head start on your holiday shopping!
- Destin Commons – One of our favorite outdoor centers offers shopping, dining, and entertainment. Destin Commons offers 90+ stores and restaurants ranging from local favorites to specialty chains. Here you’ll find an AMC Theater, Uncle Buck’s FishBowl & Grill, and Florida’s largest LUSH Cosmetics. With on-going community events all year round, we’re sure you’ll be able to easily spend a day here!
- Silver Sands Premium Outlets – The nation’s largest designer outlet center is located right here in Destin! Silver Sands Premium Outlet hosts over 100 designer brands in specialty apparel accompanied by a myriad of dining and entertainment. People travel from all over just to shop at this outdoor outlet center!
- Grand Boulevard – Head east toward Sandestin and find yourself at Grand Boulevard, one of the newest additions to Destin’s shopping repertoire. Featuring upscale shops like Anthropologie, J.Jill, and even a Pottery Barn, you’re sure to be impressed by the selection at Grand Boulevard. After a day of shopping, dine at Vin’tij and catch a movie at Boulevard 10 Movie Theater.
Make the most of your trip to Destin with a stay on our beautiful beaches! Our lodging partners Southern Vacation Rentals offer a selection of beachfront homes and condos just minutes away from all the shopping in Destin. We love the Mediterranea vacation condos in Destin, Florida.¬†Here you’ll find stunning views of the Gulf in beautifully appointed¬†condos. The Mediterranea resort also offers a variety of community amenities, including a community pool, fitness facility, tennis courts, and more! Book your spot on the sand today, and don’t forget to bring an extra suitcase – you’re going to need it!
Tagged Destin Commons, Grand Boulevard, Shopping in Destin, Silver Sands Premium Outlets
Comments Off on Looking for Retail Therapy in Destin?
5 O‚ÄôClock Somewhere in Destin for Christmas
Although Halloween is next week, Christmas will be here before you know it! If you haven’t already started planning, there’s no better time than the present. Our lodging partners Southern Vacation Rentals are filling up fast, so be sure to secure your spot on the sand before it gets too late! One of our favorite homes, 5 O’Clock Somewhere in Destin, is still available for your holiday family retreat. Read more about this incredible Destin, Florida vacation home below.
Situated right on the water in Destin’s Miramar Beach community, 5 O’Clock Somewhere is a truly stunning display of architecture. Eight bedrooms and eight and a half bathrooms span four stories, with space for 23 guests. The second, third, and fourth floors host private balconies directly overlooking the Gulf of Mexico. The second floor is home to four of the eight bedrooms, all with en-suite bathrooms, as well as a half bathroom. Two bedrooms face south and open up to the balcony with the pool, while the other two open up to patios at the opposite end of the home overlooking the neighborhood.
Next, the third floor hosts the living room, dining room, and kitchen. We love the pop of red accents throughout the living room, evoking a warm and cozy feel in the comfort of your beach home! Picture your family unwrapping presents on Christmas morning with the beach as a backdrop.
5 O’Clock Somewhere also features a full kitchen, complete with granite countertops and stainless steel appliances to cook in style. Meanwhile, the master suite is unlike any other, with French doors leading out to the balcony and a gorgeous master bathroom.¬†Then, on the fourth floor, you’ll find the remaining three bedrooms and their en-suite bathrooms. With two sets of full-size bunks in the sixth bedroom, this room is perfect for the kids in your group!
For more information and to check availability, visit here.
Don’t forget to add a local event to your Christmas vacation. Call Southern Vacation Rentals today for an unforgettable Christmas!
Tagged 5 O'Clock Somewhere Destin, Christmas in Destin, Destin Vacation Home
Comments Off on It’s 5 O‚ÄôClock Somewhere this Christmas!
With one week to go, there’s still plenty of time to line up a fishing adventure and join the fun of the Destin Fishing Rodeo. This is the 70th year for anglers to fish the waters surrounding our area, making it one of the most popular things to do in Destin, FL. Check in with some of our favorite Destin boat captains here for availability.
The Destin Fishing Rodeo began in May of 1948 to bring people to Destin. It worked! Destin shortly became known as a summer tourist destination and ‚ÄúThe World‚Äôs Luckiest Fishing Village‚ÄĚ. The Destin Fishing Rodeo is the ultimate fishing tournament for salt water anglers of all ages.
The Rodeo founders, people such as Howard Marler, Jewel Melvin and Willie Marler, decided that moving the Rodeo to October would lengthen the tourist season another month. Today the Rodeo is held October 1- 31.
Our favorite lodging partner, Southern Vacation Rentals, reports limited availability next week so go here to find you a wonderful place to stay.
You can also join the fun by visiting the docks each afternoon for the daily weigh-ins. It’s a fun and festive time as anglers, young and old, bring in their fish to see if they have a rodeo winner. The weigh-ins are¬†held each day on the docks at A.J.’s Seafood & Oyster Bar from 10 a.m. until 7 p.m. (It’s also a great place to grab a brew & some seafood.)¬†All weigh-ins are free and open to the public.
Tagged Activities in Destin FL, Destin, Destin Boat Captain, Destin events, Destin fishing, Destin Fishing Rodeo, Destin FL, Destin Florida, Events in Destin, Fishing in Destin FL, Fun things to do in Destin, luckiest fishing village
Comments Off on Destin Fishing Rodeo Celebrates 70th Year
Halloween Fun in Destin
With everyone’s favorite spooky holiday coming up just next week, we’re sure you’re going to be looking for Halloween fun in Destin. Our area has no shortage of kid-friendly events as well as fun for the whole family, and even some fun after the kids are in bed! Read below for some of our favorite Halloween activities in Destin over the next several days.
- Halloween Haunt at Destin Commons – on Friday, October 26th, bring the family to Destin Commons for a frightfully fun time! From 6-8 PM enjoy an eerie event full of creepy crafts for kids, fantasy face painting, trick-or-treating, and even a costume contest. This is also a pet-friendly event, so grab your furry friend a costume so they, too, can join in the fun! After the costume contest, kids can trick-or-treat in a safe and friendly environment at participating Destin Commons stores.
- PumpkinPalooza Pub Crawl & Adult Costume Contest – Come down to Destin Harbor on Saturday, October 27th in your most ghoulish garb for the PumpkinPalooza Pub Crawl & Adult Costume Contest! The pub crawl begins at 6 PM, at only $10 per pass (but you must be 21+ to purchase!). Then, enjoy live music from the Tyler Livingston Band at 7 PM on the main stage. Fireworks commence over the Harbor at 9 PM, along with the adult costume contest. The prizes are sure to be terrifyingly terrific, so get creative! A portion of the proceeds from pub crawl passes goes to the Alaqua Animal Refuge. Get your passes here!
- BooLu’s at LuLu’s – This one-of-a-kind celebration takes place at popular Destin spot LuLu’s on Saturday, October 27th from 11 AM – 4 PM. A free family event, BooLu’s includes Halloween festivities like pumpkin decorating, crafts, an inflatable play area, and live music. Kids can participate in “trunk-or-treat” in Lulu’s parking lot along with a costume contest! This is some Halloween fun in Destin you won’t want to miss out on.
- Gulfscarium – Over on neighboring Okaloosa Island, the Gulfarium’s Splash or Treat at the Gulfscarium takes place on October 27th. Kids ages 3-12 enjoy free admission for simply coming dressed in a costume! The event features trick-or-treat specials, bounce-houses, a scavenger hunt, and Halloween fun from 9 AM – 3:30 PM.
Tagged Halloween Events, Halloween Fun in Destin, Halloween in Destin, Trick or Treat in Destin
Comments Off on Halloween Fun in Destin
Ocean Breeze in Destin
In the mood for a beach vacation? There’s really no better time to take one than the fall; the weather is perfect, the water shines brighter, and there’s no shortage of fun things to do no matter where you are. How about heading to the Crystal Beach community and staying at Ocean Breeze in Destin, Florida? We think you’ll love this Destin vacation home as much as we do. It’s also available with Southern Vacation Rentals for your next fall getaway, so don’t wait! This four bedroom home sleeps 12 guests, making it perfect for a weeklong family getaway to the beach.
On the first floor, you’ll find an open floor plan consisting of the living room, dining room, and fully equipped kitchen. We love the beautiful granite countertops and blue tiled backsplash! Decorated in shades of blue with bright wood floors and nautical accents throughout, you’ll definitely feel the “Ocean Breeze” during your stay! The second bedroom and one full bathroom is also found on this floor, along with extra sleeping accommodations in the living room
The master suite is located on the second floor, with an adjoining bathroom containing a walk-in shower. You’ll also find the third and fourth bedrooms on this floor, separated by a Jack-and-Jill bathroom. The two twin bunks in the fourth bedroom are perfect for the kids in your group!
The rear exterior of the home features a large, private pool you’ll love to swim in all day long. Plus, with all the comfortable seating on the patio, you’ll have ample room for both entertaining and relaxing! Fire up the gas grill and show off your Grill Master skills, or head out and dine at any of Destin’s best restaurants. Located in Destin’s coveted Crystal Beach community, you’ll find nearby beach access straight down the road. What more could you ask for?
Don’t forget to add a local event to your stay! There are so many things happening in Destin in the fall, so don’t miss out on the fun!
Learn more about this vacation rental home in Destin here!
Tagged Crystal Beach in Destin, Destin Vacation Home, Ocean Breeze, Southern Vacation Rentals
Comments Off on Your Home Away From Home Awaits…
The 2nd Annual Harvest Wine and Food Festival is Approaching!
Can you see yourself enjoying world-class wine while dining on fresh Gulf Coast cuisine? How about doing these things with a beautiful butterfly garden as a backdrop? Enter to win two tickets to the 2nd Annual Harvest Wine and Food Festival on 30A and turn that dream into a reality! Click here to enter to win. Submit, share, sip, and savor this October!
One entry allowed per day each day until October 23rd. Share the contest link for five extra entries! Check Southern Vacation Rentals’ Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest pages on October 23rd to find out if you’ve won!
The festival’s Grand Tasting, held on Saturday, October 27th, highlights harvest season at the beach. Enjoy large seafood, barbeque, and provisional stations manned by celebrity chefs from the Gulf Coast’s best restaurants. Tasting stations with over 400 wines from around the world will accompany the cuisines, as well as a craft beer and spirits tents.
There will also be an opportunity to bid on a variety of items at the Destin Charity Wine Auction Foundation’s silent auction. Bidding items include a variety of rare wines and unique experiences. You’ll also be able to purchase wine and other merchandise at the festival.
Learn more about the festival here.
Don’t forget to enter to win! The lucky winner could be you!
Tagged 2nd Annual Harvest Wine and Food Festival, 30A Events, contest, Food Festival, Southern Vacation Rentals, Wine Festival
Comments Off on Enter to Win Tickets to the Harvest Wine and Food Festival!