Destin Bay House & the Cottages by the Bay Are the Perfect Match For Your Destin Event
If you’re familiar with Destin, then you most likely know about Destin Bay House & the Cottages by the Bay. The beachfront Destin wedding venueÂ and old-Florida style cottages sit nestled on Calhoun Avenue in Downtown Destin near HarborWalk Village. While Destin Bay House is known as Destin’s premier wedding venue, the renovated 1950s-style home is the ideal venue for every kind of get-together you can imagine. From corporate retreats to family reunions and even birthdays and engagement parties, there’s no wrong way to celebrate at Destin Bay House. Plus, the location right on Choctawhatchee Bay is a backdrop you and your guests aren’t soon to forget!
The 4,000 square-foot lawn can accommodate outdoor beach weddings and receptions of up to 200 guests. The venue also hosts an indoor dining area along with a screened in porch, both with views of the sparkling bay. Don’t forget the private dock – it’s the perfect spot for a photo opportunity.
Then, located across from DestinÂ Bay House you’ll find the Cottages by the Bay. These seven historic cottages have been fully restored from fishermen’s cottages to a stunning showcase of coastal simplicity. The Cottages make up one charming community, complete with a private pool, fire pit, and more. Each Cottage has a unique name characterized by the event they host, including Better Together, Family Tradition, and Something Blue.
These Destin vacation homes make the perfect place to stay when you are attending a wedding in Destin, or if you simply need a little rest and relaxation. Sleeping anywhere from 4-12 guests, the Cottages can be reserved separately or all together. Your wedding party can have their own space while enjoying a location close to your venue. Inside, discover original knotty pine walls, hand-laid tile, and luxurious upgrades throughout. Each Cottage features cozy accommodations, fully-equipped kitchens, and breathtaking decor that will transport you to the relaxing vacation of your dreams.
Learn more about the Cottages by the Bay here. Interested in reserving Destin Bay House for your beachfront wedding in Destin? Contact Destin Bay House today to learn more and schedule a private tour!
Tagged Cottages by the Bay, Destin Bay House, Destin Vacation Rentals, Destin Wedding Venue
Comments Off on Have You Heard About Destin Bay House?
These Destin Vacation Condos Are Perfect For Your Fall Break
Still planning your fall break getaway? Southern Vacation RentalsÂ has several great options for your Gulf Coast getaway. When it comes to booking your Destin vacation condo, we imagine you’re looking for fabulous community amenities, a great location, and instant access to our beautiful sugar white beaches. We hand-picked a few of our favorite Destin vacation condos for your vacation. When you’re ready to book, Southern’s reservations agents are ready! Just click the link and call the number at the top of the page, or book directly online.
- Leeward Key CondosÂ – Located right on the water in Miramar Beach, Leeward Key Condos offers vacation accommodations ranging from two to four bedrooms, each sleeping six to 12 people. Every condo features a private balcony overlooking the dazzling blue waters of the Gulf. Leeward Key’s two community pools offer the ultimate in relaxation, whether you want to lounge beachside or closer to shore. You also have access to the community’s fitness center during your stay!
- Dunes of Crystal Beach – A stay at some of Destin’s premier luxury condos awaits! Offering four to five bedroom rentals, Dunes of Crystal Beach sits in Destin’s coveted Crystal Beach community on 255 feet of white beaches. Enjoy luxurious furnishings and plenty of space for 11-12 guests. Plus, at any point, you can step out onto Destin’s beautiful beaches from the boardwalk to enjoy some fun under the sun. Each condo also features a private balcony for you to relax and enjoy the beautiful scenery.
- Crystal Villas –Â Â These Destin vacation condos are the perfect spot for an intimate couples getaway, with one or two bedroom options for six to eight guests. Fans of Henderson Beach State Park will love the close proximity to this beautiful slice of Northwest Florida! Crystal Villas also features direct beach access as well as a lovely garden area to sit and enjoy the serenity of the beach. Feel relaxed on your vacation with community barbecue grills and a pool for you to splash around in.
Tagged Crystal Villas, Destin Vacation Condos, Dunes of Crystal Beach, Fall Break in Destin, Leeward Key, Vacation in Destin
Comments Off on Three Destin Vacation Condos You’ll Fall For
Three Spots to Watch the Big Game in Destin
College football season is here, and you know what that means! Saturdays are now reserved for friends, family, and football. While watching the big game at home with friends and family is fun, it can also be exciting to sit at your favorite restaurant or pub, rooting on your team with dozens of other individuals who are just as excited as you are! If you’re looking to go out and about in Destin but don’t want to miss out, here are three spots to watch the big game in Destin.
- Football fans may disagree over whose team is better, but one thing they can all agree on is thatÂ AJ’sÂ Seafood & Oyster BarÂ is perhaps the number one place to watch football in Destin. WIth an open observation deck, Tiki bar, and multiple big screen TVs, it’s hard to say no to a night of football at AJ’s! Enjoy specials on oysters, beer, and other beverages while you watch the big game.
- Harry T’s Lighthouse is known for serving “seafood, spirits, and sunsets,” but they’re also known for one of the best places to watch football in Destin! Located at HarborWalk Village, you’ll be able to spot the restaurant from its iconic lighthouse. Catch the game at any angle with the numerous big screen TVs throughout the restaurant while enjoying delicious food and amazing views of the East Pass. Plus, Harry T’s offers great food and drink specials all day long, as well as one of the best Bloody Marys on the harbor!
- Competing in the ranks among well-established Destin restaurants is Tailfins Seafood House, Oyster, and Sports Bar. Three levels of decks each feature wide bars, 70″ flat-screen TVs, and a menu with everything you could imagine. Plus, Tailfins’ jumbotron is the perfect way to immerse yourself in the game. It’ll truly make you feel like you’re at the stadium! Drink specials go from 10:30 AM – 6 PM, so you can enjoy bloody marys and craft beers all day long.
In addition, there’s nothing like watching a game from your very own vacation condo on the beach! Southern Vacation Rentals offers Destin vacation rentals with flat-screen TVs, panoramic views, and more. Book one today to find your spot on the beach!
Tagged destin restaurants, Football, Three Places to Watch Football in Destin
Comments Off on Are You Ready For Some Football?
Miramar Beach Villas 936B – A Dose of Vitamin Sea
With fall approaching quickly, there’s never been a better time to get in your vitamin “sea…” with a stay at A Dose of Vitamin Sea 936B at Miramar Beach Villas! Located just minutes away from Destin’s gorgeous sugar-white beaches in Miramar Beach, this four bedroom, four bathroom townhome sleeps 12 guests. Whether it’s for fall break or a much-needed getaway, A Dose of Vitamin Sea 936B is the answer!
On the first floor, you’ll find a spacious living room, dining area, and kitchen. The kitchen comes fully equipped with everything you’ll need during your stay, including a large kitchen island and top of the line stainless steel appliances! The home’s coastal chic decor will have you feeling like you’re at the beach 24/7. A bedroom and a full, private bathroom are also located on the first floor.
Then, on the second floor, find the master suite complete with a walk-in shower and dual granite vanity in the bathroom. Two more bedrooms, each with their own private bathroom, are also located on this floor.
We have to say, though; the best feature of this home is the outdoor patio. With an outdoor grill and plenty of comfortable seating, it’s the perfect place to curl up with your friends and family while you watch the sunset.
Sound like the perfect vacation yet? For more vacation inspiration, check out these other Destin vacation homes and condos for your fall getaway!
Tagged A Dose of Vitamin Sea 936B at Miramar Beach Villas!, Destin Vacation Rental, Miramar Beach Villas, Vacation in Destin
Comments Off on A Dose of Vitamin “Sea” is Just What the Doctor Ordered!
September Events in Destin
Happy September! As Labor Day comes and goes, we welcome the beginning of fall and all the exciting events it brings. Here are some of our favorite September events in Destin for you to try out this month!
- 32nd Annual Sandestin Triathalon – Test your skill and determination with the 32nd Annual Sandestin Triathalon on September 8th! Beginning at 6:30 AM, head to the Sandestin Golf & Beach Resort for a half-mile swim in the Gulf of Mexico, a 20-mile bike ride across the scenic coastline, then a four-mile run through Sandestin’s beach and bayside communities. The race is expected to end at 2:30 PM, with a post-race party held at the Beach House Pool Deck. Visit here for more information about the event!
- Harborfest Celebration – Come out to HarborWalk Village on September 22nd for theÂ firstÂ ever Harborfest Celebration!Â From 5-9 PM, enjoy the fresh Gulf-to-table cuisine, live music, art, and entertainment. Kids can have fun all night long at kid-friendly craft stations.Â Tickets are only $15 each and include beer samples, a tasting card, and more. More information is available here.
- 5th Annual Eggs on the Beach – Calling all foodies! The Big Green Egg is coming to Seascape Resort in Destin for the 5th Annual Eggs on the Beach competition. From 10 AM – 1:30 PM, sample food from “EggHeads,” the nickname for Big Green Egg enthusiasts, as they compete for the best tasting dish. Each cooking team is provided a Big Green Egg to prepare their dishes while tasters vote on their favorites. Demo Eggs will also be available for sale! You can also reserve your stay at Seascape Golf Villas to be close to the fun, whether you’re traveling or need a staycation.
For more fun Destin activities, visit our events page. We’ll see you at the beach!
Tagged Destin events, Eggs on the Beach, Fall Events in Destin, Harborfest, Sandestin Triathalon, September Events in Destin
Comments Off on September Events in Destin
Fall Activities in Destin
Labor Day is here, so we’re saying goodbye to summer and hello to fall! The first three weeks of October are prime fall break time, so book your vacation and come down to the beach! Here are a few fall activities in Destin to take advantage of during your break:
- Destin Fishing Rodeo – Get involved in a slice of Destin history with the Destin Fishing Rodeo! Happening all month long, the rodeo attracts anglers of all ages from all over. Weigh-ins take place every day from 10 AM – 7 PM at AJ’s Seafood & Oyster Bar. You’ll see why Destin is known as “The World’s Luckiest Fishing Village!”
- Destin Seafood Festival – It wouldn’t be the Destin Fishing Rodeo without the Destin Seafood Festival! Held on October 7 from 11 AM – 4 PM, the festival is an integral part of Destin’s history. Enjoy fresh local seafood, live music, and art from local artists! The event is held on Destin Harbor and brings visitors from all over the country.
- 11th Annual Baytowne Beer Fest – For those who are 21 and up, head down to the Village at Baytowne Wharf for the 11th Annual Baytowne Beer Fest! Known as the “Best Beer Fest on the Emerald Coast,” you’ll get the chance to sample offerings from over 40 on-site brewers with nearly 200 domestic and international flavors. You’ll also get to enjoy live music and food from Baytowne merchants!
Before you can book the fun, you’ll need a place to stay! Fall break is the perfect time to travel with family, so we’ve picked out a few of our favorite Destin homes for a fall vacation.
Already There in Destin
- Already There – This seven bedroom, seven bathroom home features a carriage house and can easily accommodate 25 guests. Live the life of luxury with three floors of fun, with a rooftop deck that looks out over Destin’s beautiful beaches. Plus, the home features its own boardwalk that will take you directly to the Gulf! What’s not to love? Already There only has a small window of availability, so reserve your spot in this popular home while you still can!
- Come Together – Located just down the street in the coveted Grand Palms community, Come Together easily sleeps up to 30 guests! Hop on the supplied golf cart and cruise the area or head to the nearby beach access. The home features a private pool at the front of the home as well as a carriage house, complete with a media room and plenty of comfortable space for everyone.
- Casa Oceana – Reserve a stay at this beautiful “Ocean House” in Destin’s popular Destiny by the Sea neighborhood. Seven bedrooms and seven and a half bathrooms accommodate 26 with ease! Enjoy luxurious accommodations during your stay, including a game room, theater room, and private balconies. Splash around in the private pool or head to the nearby beach. Whatever you choose, you’re sure to enjoy your stay here!
What some of your favorite fall activities in Destin? Check out our events calendar for more things to do in the area. We hope to see you at the beach!
Tagged Already There, Casa Oceana, Come Together, Destin Activities, Destin Homes, Fall Activities in Destin
Comments Off on Bye-Bye Summer, Hello Fall!
Itâ€™s no surprise that TripAdvisorâ€™s ranking of the Top 3 â€śThings to Doâ€ť in Destin, FL revolves around fishing and the beach.
#1 Fishing Charters & Tours – Destinâ€™s exceptional fishing fleet offers the top experience for visitors to Destin. Dubbed the â€śWorldâ€™s Luckiest Fishing Villageâ€ť, the best charter boat captains provide amazing half-day and full-day adventures out in the Gulf of Mexico. In addition, inshore fishing is a popular option. Fishing in the calm backwaters ofÂ Choctawhatchee Bay and the intracoastal waterwayÂ is the epitome of relaxation and sport. Destin Inshore Fishing offers a variety of fishing adventures including inshore fishing charters and kid teaching trips.Â The target is mostly redfish or speckled trout, but itâ€™s not uncommon to also target Spanish mackerel, black drum, sheephead, or black snapper.
#2 Boat Tours – Destin tour operators offer a little bit of everything. Interested in watching dolphins frolic in the gulf or how about a romantic sunset cruise? Several boat captains offer the dolphin and/or sunset cruises. Destin also sports a fun buccaneer pirate cruise and a very popular sunset dinner cruise. The SunQuest dinner cruises are also perfect for special celebrations and holidays.
#3 Henderson Beach State Park – We love this state park just as much as TripAdvisor reviews! A recent reviewer said, â€śHenderson Beach is absolutely wonderful! You do have to pay to get to the beaches, but itâ€™s worth paying for because the beaches are nicer and they have a play area for the kids as well as a walking trail.â€ť The current fee of $6 per car is well worth it. The park has ample parking and clean restrooms.
Tagged Activities in Destin FL, Destin, Destin FL, Destin Florida, Fishing in Destin FL, Fun things to do in Destin, luckiest fishing village
Comments Off on TripAdvisor – Top 3 Things to Do in Destin
Free Labor Day Concert on 30A this Saturday!
Still looking for something to do this Labor Day Weekend? Our neighbors over on Scenic 30A in Santa Rosa Beach are throwing a free Labor Day concert that you won’t want to miss out on! Held at theÂ Gulley Amphitheater at Gulf Place from 5-9 PM, enjoy good music, good food, and good company. All events at The Gulley are completely family-friendly and fun for all ages, so bring the whole gang along to send summer off with a bang.
Yellowhammer and special guest John Popper will take the stage at 6:30 PM. The show begins at 5 PM with local favorite Forrest Williams Band. No need to bring your own chairs, as The Gulley provides chairs and aisle seating. They’ll also have numerous food and beverage outlets to satisfy any kind of culinary craving you might have. Head over to The Oyster Bar from 3 PM until close to catch their happy hour!
Still waiting to book your Labor Day accommodations? Book now before time runs out! Our lodging partners Southern Vacation Rentals still have a variety of vacation rentals available in Destin and 30A. How about a stay at Amalfi Coast C421 in Miramar Beach? The two bedroom, two bathroom condo sleeps eight and offers an incredible view of the resort pool with a sliver of the Gulf on the horizon.
Or, reserveÂ Ahhh Flounder on 30A, a 30A vacation home that sleeps 10. A spacious covered Trex deck in the backyard runs the length of the home and comes complete with a cedar bar, beverage cooler, and 55″ flat-screen TV. Grill up some burgers, put the big game on, and get ready to enjoy your Labor Day vacation!
What are you doing for Labor Day weekend? If you’re coming to Destin for the holiday weekend, check out all the fun things happening in Destin. We’ll see you at the beach!
Tagged 30A Events, 30A Labor Day, Ahhh Flounder on 30A, Amalfi Coast C241, Labor Day Events
Comments Off on Celebrate Labor Day at The Gulley on 30A!
Here’s Your Chance for aÂ Last-Minute Beach Getaway
Can’t wait until Labor Day to get away? Or, do you want to beat the Labor Day traffic and plan a last minute beach getaway? Whether you need something for the weekend or for Labor Day, Southern Vacation Rentals has exactly what you’re looking for.
How does 20% off your vacation sound? If you check out by August 31, you can save 20% on ANY vacation home or condo! This is the perfect opportunity to book that Destin vacation home or condo you’ve been dreaming about. For the tennis lover, check outÂ Tops’l Beach and Racquet Resort – Summit 311.Â This twoÂ bedroom, two bathroom vacation condo in ultra-popular Miramar Beach sleeps eight guests. Enjoy world-class accommodations at Tops’l Beach and Racquet Resort, including fully-equipped kitchens and a stunning view. The resort’s amenities don’t disappoint, featuring on-site dining, indoor and outdoor pools, and more.
Or, send summer off in style in a luxury vacation home. Sandcastle Dreams is one ofÂ our favorites – this seven bedroom, six bathroom homeÂ can sleep 20! Enjoy luxury living just steps away from the Gulf of Mexico in the highly sought-out Crystal Beach neighborhood. Plus, private patios with views of the tranquil lake? Don’t mind if we do.
For your Labor Day getaway, why not Pearl by the Sea in Miramar Beach? Six bedrooms and four bathrooms can easily accommodate 16 guests. It’s perfect for a family vacation under the sun! Or, why not A SunÂ of a Beach, also located in Miramar Beach? If a family vacation is what you have in mind, this one is perfect as it sleeps 10 guests. Enjoy access to Beach Retreat Cottages’ community amenities as well as nearby beach access!
Visit Southern’sÂ specials page to view all current deals!
Tagged Beach Vacation, Last Minute Vacation, Pearl by the Sea, Sandcastle Dreams, Southern Vacation Rentals, Sun of a Beach, Topsl Beach and Racquet Resort
Comments Off on Last-Minute Beach Getaway
A check with lodging partners shows availability for vacation rentals in Destin, FL for the Labor Day weekend and week. Be sure to click the “specials” tab to see current specials which offer 10% to 20% off new reservations.
Itâ€™s also a great time to lock-in a rate for the beautiful months of October, November, and December. With beautiful weather and smaller crowds, the Destin, Fl area has become a popular fall and holiday destination.
Here is a sampling of some of the fun events on the calendar in the months ahead.
If you are planning to fish in the Destin fishing rodeo, we can help you line up a day trip with the experts. Â We have partnered with several charter boat captains to bring you a fishing trip of a lifetime. Go here to schedule your trip.
Special events planned for Labor Day Weekend:
- Baytowne Art Walk at theÂ Village of Baytowne Wharf, (Art, music, & fireworks)
- HarborWalk Village (music, fire-spinning show (!), & fireworks)
- Sinfonia Gulf Coast Orchestra (Alys Beach amphitheatre – music & fireworks)Â
Tagged Activities in Destin FL, Destin, Destin events, Destin FL, Destin Florida, Destin happenings, Events in Destin, fireworks, Fishing in Destin FL
Comments Off on Labor Day & Beyond