Four Reasons to Visit Destin This Fall
Fall is nearly here! We can’t believe August is nearly halfway over, but don’t worry! There’s still plenty of time to plan for your fall getaway. If you need a little push in the right direction when it comes to planning, check out our top four reasons to visit Destin this fall. Despite some canceled events like the Destin Seafood Festival, you can still make the most out of a fall trip to Destin. Trust us when we say that fall is the best time of year to visit Destin!
1. Fewer Crowds
With most people back at work and schools back in session, fall is known for being a less crowded – but still beautiful – time of year to visit Destin. You’ll get first pick for where to lay your beach blanket and you won’t have to sit in much traffic or fight crowds at the grocery store. It’s a much-needed change of pace after summer!
2. Great Rates
If you time it right, you can get a really great deal on a vacation rental in Destin for your fall getaway. Our lodging partners Southern Vacation Rentals have a wide inventory of vacation rentals in Destin that are ideal for every size group. Whether you’re looking for something for just the two of you or are taking the whole family and need a large home, they can help! Who doesn’t love to save a little money on vacation? Just be careful not to come during the schools’ fall break, since you could end up paying top dollar for fall break rates.
3. Gulf Coast Sunsets
If you haven’t experienced the beauty of a Gulf Coast sunset, you are missing out! Sunsets in Destin in the fall are known for their strikingly vibrant hues of purple, pink, and orange. This is one of our top four reasons to visit Destin in the fall for a good reason! Time it just right and you can catch a magnificent sunset as you walk down the beach in the evening. If that doesn’t sound like paradise, then we don’t know what does!
4. Mild Temperatures
While most places in the country see lower temperatures in the fall, here in Destin, we enjoy mild temperatures here all the way through the end of November. You’ll definitely want to pack some light sweaters since temperatures do drop at night, but during the day shorts and a t-shirt are all you’ll need!
We hope we get to welcome you to Destin this fall! Share this blog with someone who has been considering a trip to Destin. We just know they’ll love it!
Tagged Destin in the Fall, Destin Vacation Rentals, Southern Vacation Rentals, Top Four Reasons to Visit Destin this Fall
Comments Off on Four Reasons to Visit Destin This Fall
DESTINation Sunset in Destin, Florida
Do you have a fall vacation on your mind? It’s the perfect time to start planning! Fall is one of our favorite times to visit the Gulf Coast since the crowds are smaller and the weather is still warm enough to enjoy swimming in the pool or enjoying the beautiful beach weather. There is no bad time of year to visit Destin, but fall is definitely our favorite time of year. You’ll want to make sure you book your large beach home in Destin before everyone else does, too! Plan your fall vacation to Destin, Florida and stay at one of our favorite vacation homes in Destin – DESTINation Sunset. This home is managed by our friends at Southern Vacation RentalsÂ and not only has its own private pool, but also access to community amenities and enough room for 16 guests.
That’s right – 16 guests! DESTINation Sunset has six bedrooms, six full bathrooms, plus a carriage house. The carriage house contains one bedroom, a living area, a kitchenette, andÂ a full bathroom. If you’re traveling with kids, they’re sure to love the space offered here. This home has no shortage of high-end upgrades either, and it’s easy to see why this is a vacationer’s favorite place to stay. Quartz countertops, ornate furnishings, and rich jewel-tone fabrics adorn this coastal home from top to bottom. That’s not all – with the private pool, gas grill, and four adult bikes offered at the home, you’ll have plenty of opportunity for fun under the sun.
DESTINation Sunset is located in the exclusive Destiny West neighborhood, meaning guests here will enjoy a community pool, barbecue grills, and more. Beach access is found nearby at The Crab Trap, and you’ll find that this vacation rental in Destin, Florida is also located close to shopping at Destin Commons and Silver Sands Premium Outlets as well as dining at numerous local restaurants.
Learn more about this home and book your stay today!
Tagged Destin Vacation Home, DESTINation Sunset, Fall Vacation to Destin, Southern Vacation Rentals
Comments Off on Your Fall Getaway to Destin
Thereâ€™s nothing better than arriving in Destin, Florida and the vacation immediately begins as soon as you check-in to your vacation rental. To help you get started, here are some of our top Destin travel tips:
- Pack a vacation prep kit. Â If you have ever been to Destin grocery stores on a weekend, you know those stores are jam-packed. You want to avoid the long lines, especially in these times. Our advice is to pack a vacation prep kit. Leading up to your vacation, set aside a laundry basket or large beach tote and start filling with basic necessities. Some examples of things to bring from home: laundry soap, toilet paper, garbage bags, bath soap, napkins, paper plates, salt & pepper, cooking spices, reusable last storage containers, chip clips, coffee, tea, sugar, & coffee filters. Some of these items are provided by rental companies, but if you are staying for one week and/or traveling with a larger group, extras are always needed.
- Keep a master list so you donâ€™t forget anything from home. Thankfully, there are now apps that can help you with packing list reminders. You can also go old-school and create a reusable list which reminds you to pack the sunglasses, beach towels, sunscreen, chargers, etc. Pack a sharpie and sticky notes for leaving notes during the week.
- Plan breakfast & lunch for the first few days. Freeze lunch meat, cheese, and milk, then throw all in a cooler just before you leave home. Add some boxes of cereal, bread, and snacks and you can get through the first few days without facing the long grocery store lines.
- Order your groceries. Itâ€™s well worth it to subscribe to Shipt, an app-based service grocery delivery service. Through the Shipt app, members create grocery lists, choose a one-hour delivery window, and pay for the order via credit card. A Shipt delivery person then picks up the order at your selected grocery store and delivers the groceries to the address submitted. If you are a subscriber in your hometown, you can switch your location to your vacation address. For a detailed map of the coverage area visit shipt.com/gulf-coast. Shipt can also deliver from the ABC Fine Wines & Spirit store in Florida. Be flexible on your delivery times. Shoppers are especially busy during these times.
- Use local concierge services. Two local companies, Be My Shopper and Beach Butlers, offer an even more personalized service. Shoppers will shop your grocery list and deliver to your rental unit, even putting away the groceries. It’s all there waiting for you on your arrival!
- Make dinner reservations. Schedule dinner either early or late.Â If you can avoid the 6:00-8:00 p.m. main dinner hour, this can help shorten your restaurant wait times. Several Destin restaurants are now accepting reservations through the OpenTable app.
Tagged Be My Shopper, Beach Butlers, Destin, Destin FL, Destin Florida, grocery shopping in Destin, where to dine in Destin
Comments Off on Top Tips for Your Destin Vacation
3900 Mesa Road in Destin, Florida
Fact: most travelers always leave Destin saying “I wish I could live here.” Now is your chance to live at the beach! Our friends at Southern Residential Leasing have a beautiful three-bedroom rental home in Destin, Florida in the Indian Woods community available for a 12-month lease beginning August 10th. Located close to Choctawhatchee Bay, local schools, and of course, the beach, you’ll be a Destin local before you know it!
Located just off of Indian Trail Road and close to Main Street and Highway 98, the location of 3900 Mesa Road in Destin does not get much better than this. This desirable three-bedroom, two-bathroom brick home is just over 1,600 square feet and enjoys a split floor plan with plenty of room for entertaining. One of the best features of this home is the gas fireplace in the living room, which is sure to not only be a great conversation starter during parties but will also keep you plenty warm when the temperature drops! The kitchen comes with a full range of appliances and has all the necessary counter space for your Keurig, blender, Crockpot – whatever you may need!
In addition, this rental home in Destin allows pets under 15 pounds. Don’t forget your furry friends when you’re relocating to Destin! You’ll also enjoy a two-car garage, sprinkler system, and lawn pump. Pest control is included in your monthly rent.
Whether you need to get to grocery stores, retailers, or even the beach, you can do it with ease from this house! Hop on the backroads and get wherever you need to go with ease. This rental home in Destin is just a short drive from Airport Road which easily connects you to Destin’s backroads. If you’re moving to Destin with your family, 3900 Mesa Road in Destin is located close to Destin Elementary and Destin Middle School.
Get more details about 3900 Mesa Road in Destin and schedule your showing here.
3900 Mesa Road in Destin won’t be on the market for much longer. Contact Southern Residential Leasing to schedule your showing today.
Tagged Long Term Rental in Destin, Rental Home in Destin Florida, Southern Residential Leasing
Comments Off on New Long-Term Rental Opportunity in Destin
How to Make Fried Grouper Bites
Our Gulf waters have been so plentiful this summer, and we’ve had some great luck reeling in everything from mahi to snapper and grouper this season. Snapper season is wrapping up here in Florida, but grouper season lasts all year long, meaning there’s still time to get out on the water and reel in your catch. If you’re looking for a new twist on preparing grouper that doesn’t involve the same old method of grilling or pan-searing, we’ve got the recipe for you! Try out these fried grouper bites as an appetizer or main course at your next get-together (socially distanced, of course!). We got this recipe from our friends at Southern Vacation Rentals; be sure to let them know if you tried this recipe and liked it! We know we sure did!
Makes 5-6 servings
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 â€“ 1 1/2 pound grouper fillet
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 tsp quick-cooking grits
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- Canola oil
- To make this grouper bites recipe, carefully cut your grouper into 1-inch bite-size nuggets and set aside.
- Lightly beat the eggs, then stir together milk and pour over the grouper bites. Cover and chill in the fridge for 1-3 hours.
- Next, combine flour, breadcrumbs, cornstarch, grits, salt, pepper, garlic, oregano, and chili powder in a gallon-sized plastic bag with a sturdy top. Add the grouper bites to the bag and shake to coat. Chill for 30-60 minutes.
- Then, in a large cast-iron skillet, pour 2 inches of canola oil and heat to 350 degrees. Add the grouper bites carefully so that you donâ€™t splash the hot oil!
- Fry in batches for 4-6 minutes, until crispy and golden. Transfer to a paper towel on a plate and allow to cool before serving.
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauce and enjoy!
The grouper bites are fried, but they are still lightweight! They are also not greasy at all. Be sure to let them cool on a paper towel and pat dry if you need to. We paired these with a tartar sauce, an ice-cold pale ale, and a great view!
Book your Destin fishing charter with one of our preferred vendors this summer! There is still plenty of time to get in on the fun this late summer or fall season. Then, be sure to let us know if you liked this grouper bites recipe!
Tagged Coastal Recipe, Grouper Bites Recipe, Gulf Coast Fishing
Comments Off on Try Out This Grouper Bites Recipe
Where to Stay for Labor Day in Destin
Labor Day officially marks the end of summer here on the Gulf Coast, but what better way to send summer off than with a long weekend? Now is the time to start planning your trip to Destin for Labor Day weekend. Check out some of our favorite places to stay for Labor Day in Destin with our lodging partners Southern Vacation Rentals, from large beach homes to condos with a view. You won’t want to miss out on the fun of a long weekend at the beach!
One of our favorite vacation homes in Destin, 1 Conched Out Villa is perfect for your beach getaway! Four bedrooms, four and a half bathrooms, and nearby beach access top off an enjoyable stay here. Plus, a large wraparound porch perfect for entertaining and grilling up some delicious Labor Day treats!
Home to some of the most luxurious condo rentals in Destin, Villa Coyaba will truly have you feeling like you’re on vacation when you stay here. These four-bedroom condo rentals have enough room for 10-12 guests and enjoy some wonderful resort-style amenities. Plus, just look at those views from your own private balcony!
Located in the heart of Destin, Breakers East condo rentals remain some of the area’s most popular vacation rentals. Overlooking the white sand beaches and emerald green water in Destin, Breakers East’s two-bedroom condos are perfectly sized for 6-8 guests and feature a wide range of incredible amenities. A Gulf-front pool, beach service, and fitness center are just some of the amenities you’ll enjoy when you stay at Breakers East!
For another luxe home the whole family will love, check out DESTINation Sunset, located in the exclusive Destiny West neighborhood. This six-bedroom home is large enough for the whole family, with accommodations for 16 guests. It also has its own private pool, gas grill, and four adult bikes to cruise through Destin’s scenic highway. Not to mention, guests here will also enjoy access to the Destiny West amenities including a pool, hot tub, and fitness center. It’s definitely one of our top picks for Destin vacation rentals for Labor Day!
Tagged Destin Vacation Condos, Destin vacation homes, Destin Vacation Rentals, July 2020, Labor Day in Destin, Where to Stay for Labor Day in Destin
Comments Off on Where to Stay for Labor Day in Destin
Family Fun on Okaloosa Island
Located just minutes west of Destin, Okaloosa Island is a popular destination for families to enjoy a beach vacation in a great location. With an array of beachfront condos, exciting activities, and a great location between Downtown Fort Walton Beach and Destin, it’s easy to see why this is such an ideal place to get away. Check out some of our favorite family-friendly activities on Okaloosa Island to enjoy while here on vacation!
- Gulfarium Marine Adventure Park –Â The Gulfarium Marine Adventure Park provides a memorable experience for visitors of all ages to connect with marine life. Get up close and personal with animal encounters, see dolphin shows, swim with seals, and more! Kids will have an educational day of fun while learning about marine life, including gators, stingrays, penguins, and turtles. The Gulfarium is also open for birthday parties and private events.
- Wild Willy’s Adventure Zone –Â Visitors of all ages are sure to love a trip to Wild Willy’s Adventure Zone. This destination is perfect for family fun on Okaloosa Island, as Northwest Florida’s largest family entertainment center. While here, enjoy an arcade, a 4D movie theater, laser tag, mini-golf, ropes course, a bungee trampoline, and more! There are also bumper boats, mini go-karts, and a 110-foot slide.
- Escape Zone 60 – If you’re traveling with older kids this summer, try out an evening of fun at Escape Zone 60.Â Come out and make your way out of the Mummyâ€™s Tomb or solve the mystery behind the Mystic Mansion. It is sure to be an unforgettable time!
Looking for more family fun on Okaloosa Island and in Destin? View some more of our favorite activities the whole family will surely love. Be sure to also book your beach vacation to Destin or Fort Walton Beach with our lodging partners Southern Vacation Rentals. No matter where you choose to stay, you’re in for a great time of fun at the beach!
Tagged Family Fun on Okaloosa Island, Okaloosa Island, Summer Beach Vacation, What to do at the Beach
Comments Off on Summer Fun on the Island
Make 36 Country Club Drive E Your New Home
You love to vacation in Destin, but have you ever considered calling Destin home? Our friends over at Southern Residential Leasing have a brand new rental home in Destin, Florida that you won’t want to miss out on. Located at 36 Country Club Drive E, this beautifully upgraded three-bedroom, two-and-a-half bathroom brick home is the perfect place for families or a couple looking to retire in Destin.
36 Country Club Drive E’s interior features a newly renovated kitchen with stainless steel appliances and spacious countertops as well as a brick fireplace and rich hardwood floors. You’ll enjoy the original charm as well as additions that breathe new life into the home. The spacious master suite boasts a walk-in closet and French doors that take you straight into the backyard where you’ll find a private in-ground pool. There is also a walk-in shower, whirlpool tub, double vanity, and mounted TV in the master bathroom.
In addition, the backyard has plenty of room for activities, a spacious patio, and a covered lounge area. The fire pit is the perfect place for a bonfire when the temperature begins to drop in the fall. Lawn and pool service are included in this rental, so you won’t have to worry about getting out the lawnmower when the grass starts to get overgrown. In addition, this rental home in Destin, Florida is open to small pets 25 lbs and under. Don’t forget about your furry friend!
One of the best parts about this rental is that it’s close to everything you could need in Destin. Premier shopping at Destin Commons is just a few minutes away as well as grocery stores and restaurants. Destin Elementary and Middle schools are close by as well. However, the best part about living here has to be its proximity to the beach! In just a few minutes, you can be relaxing on Destin’s white sands just like a local.Â See more details and schedule a showing here!Â You won’t want to wait to call Destin home.
Tagged 36 Country Club Drive E, Destin Rental Home, Living in Destin, Rental Home in Destin Florida, Southern Residential Leasing
Comments Off on Find Your New Home in Destin
Watersport Rentals in Destin
What is your favorite thing to do at the beach in Destin? There are more ways to enjoy the water than just relaxing at the beach (though we certainly love to do this too!). One of our favorite activities at the beach involves watersport rentals. Whether we are paddleboarding, kayaking, or surfing, we love to get out and enjoy the water. The best part is that you don’t have to have any experience to try out these fun activities! They are fun and safe for all ages and experience levels. If you are looking for a more low-key activity, there are also pontoon boat rentals, dolphin cruises, and more you can book in Destin. Check out some of our favorite watersport rentals in Destin below, and click the link to book yours today!
- Ride On Surf SchoolÂ – Did you know you don’t have to go to a tropical island to surf? You can do it right here in Destin! Ride On Surf School offers group surf lessons, private lessons, surf parties, and their popular Billabong Surf Camp. No experience is required! School runs until August 27th each day from 9 AM until 4 PM, weather permitting. It’s the perfect way to get out and enjoy a fun new activity this summer!
- KayakingÂ – While kayaking in the Gulf can often be a thrilling activity, Destin’s quieter waters make kayaking a peaceful activity and definitely one of our favorite watersport rentals in Destin. You can kayak across Choctawhatchee Bay into the Gulf for a thrilling ride – just be cautious of the boats that are already out on the water!
- Paddleboarding – Paddleboarding on the Gulf is some serious fun; not only will you get a good low impact workout, but you’ll also feel so relaxed – we promise! Focusing on propelling yourself slowly through the water and staying upright is great for mental clarity. Not to mention, being on the water is so calming in and of itself. Paddleboarding is perfect for all ages and requires no previous experience.
- Jet-Skis – For an unforgettable adventure out on the water, get your group together and rent jet-skis so you can take to the seas! There is nothing like the soaring across the water at high speeds, and if you’re looking for adrenaline on vacation, jet-ski and waverunner rentals are for you. Some guided jet-ski tours will take you out in search of dolphins too, and if you’re lucky, these marine creatures may even swim alongside you!
There is still time to book your last-minute summer getaway! Our lodging partners Southern Vacation Rentals are booking fast though, so be sure to secure your spot on the beach and book your Destin, Florida vacation rental today. Whether you need a large Gulf-front home or a beach access condo for two, they’ve got something for every size group.
Tagged Adventure in Destin, Summer Adventures in Destin, Watersport Rentals in Destin
Comments Off on Book Your Summer Fun in Destin
Book Your Summer at Spiaggia in Destin, Florida
It may be July, but there is still time to get away this summer. There’s nothing like the thrill of a last-minute getaway – even if you’re a local, you can still do a “staycation” and book some time at the beach this summer. After all, locals need a vacation too, and why not vacation in one of the most beautiful places in the country? If a last-minute summer getaway has been on your mind, we have just the home for you. Our lodging partners Southern Vacation Rentals have a beautiful beachfront home with availability for summer, and we just know that this is perfect for your group. Book your summer at Spiaggia in Destin, Florida, and enjoy the getaway you deserve!
Spiaggia – or aptly translated to mean “beach” – is an immaculate Destin, Florida vacation rental located in the Destiny by the Sea neighborhood, enjoying waterfront views on a stretch of private white sand beach. This home has enough room for 17 guests, with seven bedrooms and four and a half bathrooms. The spacious balconies cover three stories and offer breathtaking views the higher up you to. Each balcony is well-furnished and has plenty of room whether you just want to relax or have an evening cookout. Upscale furnishings throughout Spiaggia include a luxe kitchen, whirlpool tubs, a wet bar, and a grand master suite.
In addition to all of the splendor found inside Spiaggia, guests here also enjoy complimentary in-season beach service, and four adult bikes are provided. Not to mention, you’ll have full access to the Destiny by the Sea amenities which includes a community pool and hot tub. Not to mention, this Destin, Florida vacation rental is located right in the heart of Destin so you are close to many great area restaurants, activities, and entertainment. Your summer at Spiaggia in Destin, Florida awaits!
Tagged Destin Vacation Rentals, Southern Vacation Rentals, Spiaggia, Spiaggia in Destin FL
Comments Off on The Perfect Home for a Last Minute Getaway