Fall Break Plans in Destin
Monday marks the first day of fall, and with that, fall break! School systems across the country will be flocking to Destin for fall break, and we can’t wait to welcome you here. There are so many fun things to do here for fall break! Check out some of our favorite things to do for your fall break plans in Destin, and some vacation rentals too. Our lodging partners Southern Vacation Rentals still have some availability for fall break, but you don’t want to wait to book! Your favorite vacation rental in Destin, Florida is just a few clicks away.
- Destin Seafood Festival – If you’re here during the first weekend of October, you have to take some time for the Destin Seafood Festival. In its 41st annual year, the Destin Seafood Festival is one of the area’s most popular events. Come on down for some delicious seafood, live music, art, and family fun.
- Destin Fishing Rodeo – It’s that time of year! The Destin Fishing Rodeo is underway the entire month of October, so there’s lots of time to participate and get involved. Weigh-ins take place each day at AJ’s Seafood & Oyster Bar from 10 AM – 7 PM They’re also free and are open to the public!
- Baytowne Wharf Beer Festival – Calling all beer lovers! You won’t want to miss out on the Baytowne Wharf Beer Festival. It takes place October 11th and 12th at Batowne Wharf and features over 200 domestic and international craft beers for sampling. There will also be brewery representatives to help you learn about different types of lagers and ales. Don’t miss out on this event!
Tagged Baytowne Wharf Beer Festival, Destin Fall Break, Destin Fishing Rodeo, Destin Seafood Fetival, Fall Break Events in Destin, Things to do in Destin
Comments Off on Fall Break Plans in Destin
Fall Break at Maravilla in Destin
Are you making your fall break plans to visit Destin? With school districts getting away for fall break throughout October and November, there’ still time to plan – just don’t wait! This year, we’re excited to plan our fall break at Maravilla in Destin. These vacation rentals in Destin, FloridaĀ are some of the most popular ones in the area, and availability will fill up fast. Learn more about how to plan your fall break at Maravilla in Destin, and be sure to book with our lodging partners Southern Vacation Rentals for the best rates on Maravilla vacation condos.
Known as “The Village by the Sea,” Maravilla enjoys a delightful location on Scenic 98 in Miramar Beach. The building itself is set back from the highway on the private Maravilla Drive, offering guests a secluded vacation experience. Guests at Maravilla enjoy private beach access on two and a half acres of white quartz sand. Don’t let October fool you; Destin’s waters are still plenty warm, even in October! Each vacation condo at MaravillaĀ was designed to please, with condos ranging from one to three bedrooms, the comforts of home, and exciting community amenities. This includes barbecue grills, a fitness facility, pool, and tennis courts. What else could you ask for?
Meanwhile, with its location in the heart of Miramar Beach, Maravilla is just minutes from many exciting attractions in Destin. Silver Sands Premium Outlets are just a short drive away, where you can spend the day shopping at the nation’s largest designer outlet mall. Or, golf to your heart’s content at Regatta Bay Golf Club,Ā the top-ranked golf course in Destin. Cruise down Scenic 98 for some delicious restaurants including The Crab Trap, Camille’s, and 790 on the Gulf. With so many fun things to do in Destin, you won’t be without something to do on your fall break at Maravilla in Destin.
Tagged Destin Vacation Condos, Fall Break at Maravilla in Destin, Maravilla in Destin, Maravilla Vacation Condos
Comments Off on Fall Break at Maravilla in Destin
Best Snowbird Rentals in Destin
Snowbirds, we can’t wait to welcome you to Destin this winter! Whether you are visiting us for one month or several months, our beach is your beach. If you have never visited Florida for the winter months and are considering coming on down, now is the time to start looking. Our lodging partners Southern Vacation Rentals have some of the best snowbird rentals in Destin, and you’ll want to take advantage of their inventory while it lasts. We love the winter months in Destin since the beaches are uncrowded and the weather is still mild. There is nothing like going for a walk on the beach in the morning and seeing the peaceful waters lapping up to the shore!
Secure your spot on the beach for 2020 with these condos for winter in Destin. Check out some of our favorites below!
Of course, Breakers East in Destin has been a longtime favorite of ours, and for good reason too! The beach is your backyard at Breakers East, and you will love waking up to the sight of the sunrise over the water. Amenities at Breakers East include a beachfront pool, hot tub, tennis courts, and shuffleboard.
For more resort-style fun in Destin, explore vacation condos at Mainsail. Mainsail’s condos are some of the most popular places to stay in Destin, and you only need to be here for a few minutes to truly learn why. Mainsail is located in the heart of Miramar Beach and is only a few minutes away from great shopping and dining in Destin.
Destin is not without snowbird activities, either! The Destin Snowbird Club is a lively bunch that hosts casino trips, crafts shows, and bridge tournaments. You are sure to find fun and fellowship here!
Tagged Destin Snowbird Rentals, Snowbird Rentals in Destin, Winter Vacation in Destin
Comments Off on The Best Snowbird Rentals in Destin
Thereās nothing like a day out on the water. While deep sea fishing is our most popular water sport, our intracoastal waterway is also popular for small crafts. Thereās a never ending variety of things to do in Destin, FL. The waterways are great locations for water activities such as paddle boarding and dolphin cruises.
- GUSU Paddleboards (Get Up, Stand Up Paddlesports) is a terrific starting point, offering paddleboard, surfboard, and kayak rentals. GUSU also offers lessons with professional instructors. Boards and kayaks can be rented by the hour, day, or week.
- Kitty Hawk Kites, down on the Destin Harbor, is not just a kite store. Itās another source for board and kayak rentals. You can also rent a GoPro camera to record your fun.
- Crab Island Dolphin Tours – Do you want to leave the navigating to someone else? Captain Wayne Burnette will captain your vessel and manage your water adventure. Crab Island Dolphin Tours also has pontoon boats and waverunners to rent. If youāre looking for something extra-special, the company also provides dolphin tours, fireworks or sunset cruises.
- Destin Snorkel – Destin Snorkel has something for everyone with its variety of tours. Do you want to go shelling or see fireworks? Here are the options: two-stop snorkeling, SNUBAĀ®, shelling/dolphin, dolphin/sunset and fireworks tours.Ā
- Dockside Watersports – Dockside will rent you a pontoon boat or fishing boat for your day of fun. Dockside is also a terrific place to rent jet skis. If you need a guide out on the water, they have the folks who can also take you out to search for dolphins.
- Ride on Surf School – Our favorite surfing school can teach young and old how to enjoy this wonderful sport. Your day will include the proper equipment and complete instruction on everything from how to paddle, stand, and ride the waves, plus surfing etiquette.
- Destin Vacation Boat Rentals – Explore Destin on a power boat, pontoon boat, or a jet-ski. Cruise over to Crab Island and have some fun in the sun or rent a fishing boat and cast your reel into the Gulf. If you are staying in a Southern Vacation Rental in Destin, you can receive a FREE stand up paddleboard or kayak rental when you rent a 24ā² pontoon boat with Southern Perks!
Tagged Activities in Destin FL, Activities on the Destin Harbor, Destin, Destin FL, Destin Florida, GUSU Paddlesports, Things to do in Destin, things to do in Destin FL
Comments Off on Water Sports Abound in Destin
Your Fall Getaway to Destin
With Labor Day here this weekend, we’re officially saying goodbye to summer and welcoming fall with open arms! We’re so excited to start planning our fall getaway to Destin, Florida, and we hope you are too! Summer is a popular time of year to visit the Gulf Coast, but fall will always be our favorite time of year to visit; the traffic is lighter, the beaches clearer, and the water as warm as ever. Not to mention, there are many fun things to do in Destin that will keep you endlessly entertained all vacation long! If you’re searching for beach homes in Destin, Florida, then you’re in luck, as our lodging partners Southern Vacation Rentals have availability for your fall vacation.
Take a look at one of our favorite beach homes in Destin, Florida below!
4 Bedrooms | 4 and a Half Bathrooms | Sleeps 13
You’ll be endlessly amazed at the beauty of this Destin, Florida vacation home! Located in the gated Emerald Waters Village neighborhood, this stunning home is perfect for your fall getaway. Boasting an indoor space of 3,200 square feet and an outdoor space of 1,000 square feet, all 13 guests will be plenty comfortable here. 1 Conched Out Villa is full of coastal charm, with sooth tile floors, luxurious detail, and interior design that will have you dreaming of the beach! Although Destin is full of delicious restaurants, you will not have to go far for food, as 1 Conched Out Villa’s kitchen comes fully equipped with everything you’ll need. The granite counters, flat-screen TV, and stainless steel appliances are just an added bonus!
Guests at 1 Conched Out Villa have full use of the community’s amenities as well, including two large pools and private beach access. Since the beaches are typically uncrowded in the fall, you’ll have plenty of room to spread out your beach blanket when you stay here!
Search other Destin, Florida vacation homes with Southern Vacation Rentals today. We can’t wait to welcome you to the beach!
Comments Off on Your Fall Getaway to Destin
Thanks to everyone who came out to support Take-A-Kid Fishing Day at the 34th Annual Charity Auction on Saturday at Harbor Docks. Through the support of guests, donors and volunteers, more than $57,000 was raised to support the big day. Take-A-Kid Fishing Day will be Sunday, November 3.Ā
On that day, more than 50 of Destinās finest charter boats along with volunteer chaperones will take more than 300 kids out in the gulf for a day of fishing in Destin, FL.
Harbor Docks Charities host this special event and opens it to children in the area who donāt get the chance to go fishing.Ā Off-duty policemen and firemen from Destin and Fort Walton Beach along with Harbor Docks Charities volunteers serve as chaperones for the day.
Tagged Activities in Destin FL, Destin, Destin FL, Destin Florida, Events in Destin, Fishing in Destin
Comments Off on Destin’s Take-A-Kid Fishing
Discover the Best Weekend Brunch in Destin
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, so why not have a little fun with it by treating yourself to a weekend at brunch? We’re firm believers that it’s not the weekend without bottomless mimosas and freshly made omelets! There are many delicious places to get brunch in Destin, and we know it can be hard narrowing down your choices! Explore our picks for the best weekend brunch in Destin, and let us know your favorite brunch spot in Destin on our Facebook page!
- McGuire’s – Sunday Brunch at McGuire’s is the way to wind down the weekend and kick off the week. Served from 11 AM – 2 PM, you have your choice of frozen or hot Irish coffee and beignets. You must try the omelets, made with six (!) eggs and served with fresh fruit and Potatoes O’Brien.
- 790 on the Gulf – If you like to dine with a view, this is the place to do it! Head to 790 on the Gulf each Sunday year-round from 11 AM – 3 PM for a delicious brunch. If you’re especially daring with your Bloody Marys, we recommend the Bloody Nola!
- First Watch – For healthy brunch in Destin, First Watch is one of our favorite spots. Their seasonal menu is full of delicious options like a Summer Crab Omelet and a Cornbread Carnitas Bowl. Pay a visit to the juice bar too, for a Morning Meditation juice (orange, lemon, turmeric, orange ginger, agave nectar, and beet).
- Camille’s at Crystal Beach – Another healthy option for brunch in Destin is Camille’s at Crystal Beach. Try the Camille’s Sunrise juice (pineapple, orange, strawberry, and coconut water) or treat yourself to a delicious homemade cinnamon roll!
- Sunset Bay Cafe – Tucked back in Sandestin Golf & Beach Resort, Sunset Bay Cafe offers a delicious menu with an even better view! You can’t go wrong with anything on the menu, which simply means more visits to try out the whole menu. Right now we can’t get enough of their Peaches-n-Cream Cakes as well as their Shrimp & Grits.
Tagged August 2019, Best Weekend Brunch in Destin, Destin brunch, Weekend Brunch in Destin
Comments Off on Best Weekend Brunch in Destin
For the last hurrah of the summer, Baytowne Wharf will host the popular Baytowne Art Walk on Labor Day weekend. A great family event, the art festival will feature great music, art, and food. Art Walk will begin Friday night, beginning at 5:00 p.m. The event is one of our favorite things to do in Destin, FL.
You’re invited to stroll the Baytowne Village streets to browseĀ a variety of artwork from both regional and local artists. Enjoy live music throughout the festival from local artists and a spectacular fireworks show over the lagoon on Sunday at 9:15p.m.
Live Music Schedule
- Ā Aug 30
Ā 5-7:15pmĀ Casey Kearney
Ā 7:30-10pmĀ Scott Rockwood
- Aug 31
5-7:15pmĀ Coconut Radio
7:30-10pmĀ Matt McCarty
- Sept. 1
5-7:15pmĀ Jessie Ritter
7:30pm-10pmĀ Matt McCarty
If you are still planning to make Labor Day plans, you can still make reservations for Labor Day weekend or week. Check with Southern Vacation Rentals for availability.
Tagged Activities in Destin FL, Bawtowne Art Walk, Destin, Destin FL, Destin Florida, Fun things to do in Destin, Sandestin Events, things to do in Destin FL
Comments Off on Baytowne Art Walk Set for Labor Day Weekend
Ziplining in Destin
Image credit: Emerald Coast CVB
Summer isn’t over in Destin! Come on down to the Gulf Coast and soak up some of the late-summer sun before the fall months arrive. Whether you’re looking for a girlfriend’s getaway or a weekend trip with the family, this is the time to do it! And, with so much to do here, you’ll be entertained all vacation long. This summer, try out ziplining in Destin! This is one way to get your adrenaline pumping! A one-of-a-kind experience that will truly get your heart racing, you must try this out if you’re in Destin.
HarborWalk Village is the perfect place to embark out on your ziplining adventure in Destin, with a course that’s known as the “longest and most beautiful zipline on the Emerald Coast.” It stretches over 500 feet and overlooks the Destin Harbor and the beautiful Gulf of Mexico! Those really looking for a thrill can zipline at night, when HarborWalk Village is lit up and the lights twinkle in the sky. What could be more picturesque than that? Or, embark on the zipline as the sun sets for an incredible golden hour-view of the sky.
Are you eager to start planning your Destin vacation? We can’t say we blame you! Our lodging partners Southern Vacation RentalsĀ still have some vacation rentals in Destin for your late summer getaway. Check out the beautiful Ariel Dunes II 908, located just steps away from the back in the heart of Destin! This two bedroom condo is the right size for six guests. Come on down to celebrate summer with us!
Tagged August 2019, Destin Vacation, HarborWalk Village in Destin, Things to do in Destin, Ziplining in Destin
Comments Off on Check out this Fun Summer Activity!
Where to Stay for Labor Day in Destin
With just a couple of weeks until the (unofficial) end of summer, everyone has Labor Day on the brain! At least, we know we do. We’re already packing our beach bags and getting ready to set our email to do not disturb. If you’re planning on vacationing with family and friends for Labor Day, you’ll want to secure your spot on the sand sooner rather than later, as occupancy is filling up fast! Our lodging partners Southern Vacation Rentals have a few spots left in Destin for Labor Day, so consider this your guide for where to stay for Labor Day in Destin!
One of our favorite vacation homes in Destin, 1 Conched Out Villa is perfect for your beach getaway! Four bedrooms, four and a half bathrooms, and nearby beach access top off an enjoyable stay here. Plus, a large wraparound porch perfect for entertaining and grilling up some delicious Labor Day treats!
Want to stay just steps away from the beach in Destin for Labor Day? At Summer Breeze 312, you can! This one-bedroom condo is perfect for a couple’s getaway or a vacation with your closest friends. We guarantee that once you’re here, you’ll never want to leave!
One of Destin’s most popular vacation spots, Ariel Dunes II 2302 is perfect for those looking for a luxurious Labor Day vacation in Destin. This two-bedroom Destin, Florida vacation condo is ideal for six guests, with subtle touches of luxury throughout. Ariel Dunes II also offers exciting resort-style amenities, with beachfront and zero-entry pools, fitness facility, and on-site dining. When searching for where to stay for Labor Day in Destin, Ariel Dunes II 2302 is the answer!
Tagged August 2019, Destin vacation homes, Labor Day in Destin, Where to Stay for Labor Day in Destin
Comments Off on Where to Stay for Labor Day in Destin