Destin, Florida Summer Vacation Homes
Have you been looking for large beach homes to accommodate the whole family for your summer vacation? Well, look no further as our lodging partners Southern Vacation Rentals have the perfect inventory of homes to suit your needs. These three Destin, Florida summer vacation homes can accommodate any size group, with space for 8-14 guests. Beach access, exciting community amenities, and fabulous locations are just some of the reasons you should book these homes today. Don’t miss out!
- A Coastal Cottage – The name says it all! With three bedrooms and threeÂ bathrooms, this home accommodates up to nine guests. You’ll find A Coastal Cottage in the popular Maravilla community in Destin, with private beach access just a quick stroll away. This home also offers complimentary in-season beach service, with two chairs and one umbrella. That sounds pretty great to us!
- Griffin’s Getaway – We love this home in the exclusive and gated Caribe neighborhood, and for good reason, too! Up to eight guests will comfortably enjoy their stay at Griffin’s Getaway, with a three-bedroom main house and a one-bedroom carriage house. Plus, with two community pools and beach access just a stroll away, what more could you ask for?
- Summer Lovin‘ – If you ask us, this luxurious home in the Dunes of Destiny community was made for group travel. Summer Lovin’ can accommodate 14 guests with ease, with the first-floor bedrooms sleeping 10 on their own. One of our favorite features is the wet bar in the master bedroom – the perfect way to wind down an evening. Private beach access is also just a stroll away. If it were up to us, we’d spend our entire summer vacation here!
Before you head to the beach, be sure to check out our Top Destin Travel Tips blog to pack smarter. We’ll see you at the beach!
Tagged April 2019, Destin Florida Vacation Homes, Destin vacation homes, Southern Vacation Rentals, Summer Vacation
Comments Off on The Perfect Summer Home Does Exist
Thereâ€™s nothing better than arriving in Destin, Florida and the vacation immediately begins. To help you get started, here are some of our top Destin travel tips:
- Pack a vacation prep kit. Â If you have ever been to the Destin Publix or Walmart on a weekend, you know those stores are jam-packed. To avoid the long lines, take everything you will need, at least for the first few days, in your vacation prep kit. Leading up to your vacation, set aside a laundry basket or large beach tote and start filling with basic necessities. Some examples of things to bring from home: laundry soap, toilet paper, garbage bags, bath soap, napkins, paper plates, Â salt & pepper, cooking spices, reusable last storage containers, chip clips, coffee, tea, sugar, & coffee filters. Some of these items are provided by rental companies, but if you are staying for one week and/or traveling with a larger group, extras are always needed.
- Keep a master list so you donâ€™t forget anything from home. Thankfully, there are now apps that can help you with packing list reminders. You can also go old-school and create a reusable list which reminds you to pack the sunglasses, beach towels, sunscreen, chargers, etc. Pack a sharpie and sticky notes for leaving notes during the week.
- Plan breakfast & lunch for the first few days. Freeze lunch meat, cheese, and milk, then throw in a cooler just before you leave home. If your journey is more than 8 hours, I would recommend grabbing these items at a grocery store before you get into town. Add some boxes of cereal, bread, and snacks and you can get through the first few days without facing the long grocery store lines.
- Order your groceries. Itâ€™s well worth it to subscribe to Shipt, an app-based service grocery delivery service. Through the Shipt app, members create grocery lists, choose a one-hour delivery window, and pay for the order via credit card. A Shipt delivery person then picks up the order at your selected grocery store and delivers the groceries to the address submitted. If you are a subscriber in your hometown, you can switch your location to your vacation address. For a detailed map of the coverage area visit shipt.com/gulf-coast. Check out the current special of “two weeks free & $15 off your first order.” Shipt can also deliver from the ABC Fine Wines & Spirit store in Florida.
- Use local concierge services. Two local companies, Be My Shopper and Beach Butler, offer an even more personalized service. Shoppers will shop your grocery list and deliver to your rental unit, even putting away the groceries. It’s all there waiting for you on your arrival!
- Make dinner reservations. Schedule dinner either early or late.Â If you can avoid the 6:00-8:00 p.m. main dinner hour, this can help shorten your restaurant wait times. Several Destin restaurants are now accepting reservations through the OpenTable app.
Tagged Destin, Destin FL, Destin Florida, Travel Tips, Vacation in Destin
Comments Off on Top Destin Vacation Travel Tips
Memorial Day Activities in Destin
With Memorial Day just around the corner, we’re already gearing up for the kickoff celebration of the summer. Since June 1st is the weekend after Memorial Day, it’s the perfect way to ease into summer. Check out some of our favorite Memorial Day activities in Destin and let us know how you’re kicking off summer on our Facebook page.
- Memorial Day Weekend Celebration – Baytowne Wharf’s annualÂ Memorial Day Weekend Celebration will be in full swing May 25th-27th. Make your way to the Village for live music by Forrest Williams Band and Coconut Radio, along with kids’ activities and a spectacular fireworks show. In addition, the Sandestin Veterans will present a Memorial Day program in honor of Veterans on Monday, May 27th at 5 PM.
- Memorial Day Celebration at HarborWalk Village –Â Kick off summer in style at HarborWalk Village’s Memorial Day Celebration. The Destin Harbor will be decked out in red, white, and blue May 25th and 26th as we honor our veterans and welcome summer. Live music on the main stage and fireworks complete this exciting annual event! This family-friendly event is free and open to the public. Don’t miss out!
- 34th Annual Memorial Day Gate to Gate Run – Not too far away at Eglin Air ForceBase, the 34th Annual Memorial Day Gate to Gate Run is one of Northwest Florida’s oldest Memorial Day traditions. Open to runners of all ages and skill levels, the race also includes a free kids run after the beginning of the main race. Runners are provided flowers to drop at the Veteran’s Memorial along the route. Afterward, enjoy a post-race party with live entertainment and free refreshments. Register for the race here.
Also, there’s still time to book your Destin vacation condo for Memorial Day weekend. When you aren’t busy enjoying any of the fun Memorial Day activities in Destin, spend some time lounging in a gorgeous Breakers East vacation condo in Destin. These spacious condos sleep anywhere from six to eight guests and feature large, covered balconies, Gulf views, and resort-style amenities. Book today to secure your spot on the sand.
Tagged April 2019, Memorial Day, Memorial Day 2019, Memorial Day in Destin, Southern Vacation Rentals
Comments Off on Memorial Day Activities in Destin
Jade East Towers Condos in Destin, Florida
We don’t know about you, but we can’t believe the first week of April is already over. May will be here before you know it, along with everyone’s favorite holiday to kick off summer – Memorial Day. This is the official celebration to welcome summer, and we can’t wait! Celebrate Memorial Day in Destin at one of our favorite vacation spots – Jade East Towers condos in Destin, Florida. Our lodging partners Southern Vacation Rentals haveÂ availability left for your Memorial Day vacation in Destin, but don’t wait to book!Â See more pictures and availability here!
One of the best features at Jade East Towers in Destin is its location right on the water. You can step out onto the private beach walkover at your leisure to experience our famous sugar white sands! Just stretch out your beach blanket, grab your sunglasses, and start relaxing! With miles of sand to enjoy, you can also set up a game of flag football or beach volleyball.
In addition to fun at the beach, there is also fun to be had at Jade East Towers condos in Destin. Community amenities include a beachfront pool, hot tub, and fitness facility. Tennis lovers will enjoy having courts to practice their serve on, while any kids in your group are sure to spend all of their time at the arcade. Each Jade East Towers condo features all of the comforts of home, including full kitchens, free WiFi, and more. Expansive balconies overlooking the Gulf are sure to quickly ease you into a vacation state of mind.
Jade East Towers also enjoys a fabulous location in the heart of Downtown Destin. You’re closer than you think to area attractions, including family-friendly spots Big Kahunas and The Track. Harborwalk Village is also just a short drive away, with more opportunities for fun. Live music, fun events, and local color await! Discover award-winning shopping and dining in Destin as well. There is certainly no wrong way to have a vacation here!
Book your vacation condo at Jade East Towers today!
Tagged Jade East Towers Destin, Memorial Day in Destin, Southern Vacation Rentals
Comments Off on Celebrate Memorial Day in Destin
Great news for water sports enthusiasts – new snorkel reefs are being put in place along our region of the Emerald Coast over the next few weeks.
Currently, Okaloosa County is deploying the reefs off Beasley Park, The Crab Trap in Destin, Henderson Park East, Beasley Park, andÂ Okaloosa Islandâ€™s Beach Access #4.
In total, 50 reefs will be placed 500 feet offshore to give new destinations for snorkelers, free divers, and scuba divers. The reefs will sport designs such as starfish, dolphins, and sea turtles, giving those traveling overhead a fun sight from above.
Funding for the project, $1.69 million, is from theÂ Natural Resource Damage Assessment Fund. The money was given to Okaloosa County following the BP oil spill settlement.
Need gear to explore the reefs on your next vacation in Destin, FL? Link over to our activities page to find paddle board rentals, snorkel trips, scuba gear, reef charters, and more.
Tagged Activities in Destin FL, Destin, Destin FL, Destin Florida, Destin snorkel, Fun things to do in Destin, GUSU Paddlesports
Comments Off on Our New Reefs Along the Emerald Coast
April Events in Destin
Today kicks off April, and with that a variety of fun events for you to participate in. Locals and visitors alike are sure to have fun – there’s something for everyone! Check out some of the exciting April events in Destin this month, from fishing tournaments to wine festivals and everythingÂ in between!
- 22nd Annual Destin Cobia Tournament – it’s that time of year again! Come find out why Destin is known as the “World’s Luckiest Fishing Village” at one of the most exciting and suspenseful events of the year. Since cobia is only in-season during the springtime, thereâ€™s a very small window in which to catch the fish. This event lasts the whole month of April, with weigh-ins at the Destin Harbor to see who can catch the biggest cobia. Winners take home great prizes, including cash!
- 33rd Annual Sandestin Wine Festival – this has been a popular event in Destin since 1986, and doesn’t show signs of slowing down anytime soon. The Village of Baytowne Wharf transforms into a haven for wine connoisseurs, and even wine novices will find themselves at home among the fun! From April 11th-14th, attend wine seminars, meet celebrity chefs, purchase your favorite wines, and more. Don’t miss out!
- South Walton Beaches Wine & Food Festival – can’t make the Sandestin Wine Festival? You still have time to make the South Walton Beaches Wine & Food Festival, held at Grand Boulevard from April 25th-28th. With tastings from award-winning chefs to over 800 wine samples accompanied by live music and a whole lot of fun, it’s no surprise why this is one of Destin’s most popular events. A weekend of fun awaits!
This is also the perfect time to book your spring vacation to Destin. Our lodging partners Southern Vacation Rentals are filling up fast, so don’t wait to book! A Coastal Cottage is one of our favorite new vacation homes in Destin, Florida. This three-bedroom home sleeps nine guests in Destin’s Maravilla community. Beach access, complimentary beach service, and community amenities await! Book direct with Southern for the best rates on the beach.Â
Tagged April 2019, April Events, April Events in Destin, Cobia Tournament, Sandestin Wine Festival, South Walton Beaches Wine and Food Festival, Southern Vacation Rentals
Comments Off on April Events in Destin
New Vacation Homes in Destin, Florida
The final week of spring break is here, save for our friends in Louisiana who will be here some in April. We couldn’t ask for better weather either; with bright blue skies, warm sunshine, and temperatures in the mid-70s, we’ve got summer on the brain. What better time to begin planning your summer vacation in Destin, Florida? Our lodging partners Southern Vacation Rentals have recently acquired some beautiful new vacation homes in Destin, Florida that are perfect for your summer vacation. These three homes listed below were designed to help you make the most of any trip to the Gulf Coast. Be sure to call or book online when you’re ready to plan your summer vacation in Destin, Florida.
Our Piece of Paradise is your piece of paradise! We love this four-bedroom home in the Destiny West neighborhood for many reasons, including the large screened-in porch and gourmet kitchen. A large granite breakfast bar, designer tile backsplash, and stainless steel appliances – what more could you ask for? Our Piece of Paradise accommodates 10 guests and offers you access to amenities including a pool, hot tub, fitness center, and tennis courts.
Another four-bedroom home that’s just the right size for 10 guests, Sea-Esta is located in Destin’s Leisure Bay neighborhood. Bright coastal decor serves as a reminder that you’re in for a treat at the beach! The bunk room on the second floor is perfect for any kids in your group. Find beach access just a mile away at Pompano Joe’s or splash around in the community pool.
Like Our Piece of Paradise and Sea-Esta, Summer Lovin is another four-bedroom home we can’t get enough of, but it sleeps 14 instead of 10. The first-floor bunk room has twin/full bunk beds that we think the kids in your group will love! This home is located in the Dunes of Destiny neighborhood, with private beach access and community amenities waiting for you.
Tagged March 2019, New Vacation Homes, Our Piece of Paradise, Sea-Esta, Southern Vacation Rentals, Summer Lovin, Summer Vacation in Destin
Comments Off on New & Just in Time For Summer!
Many folks who are fans of the Navy’s dynamic flying team, the U.S. Blue Angels, will plan vacations to the Gulf Coast to coincide with a show or practice. We are fortunate that Pensacola, our neighbor to the west, is home base for the Blue Angels.
That means we are the only area with two shows each year – a summer show in July and a special two day homecoming show in November. When Pensacola Beach lodging fills up for the Blue Angel weekends, Destin is a vacation option. It’s feasible to stay in the Destin area, then take the one hour drive over to see the show. Mark your calendar for the Blue Angel Gulf Coast show dates:
If you can’t make a show, there are several practice times throughout the year. The Blue Angels website also list the times when the pilots are available after practice for autographs at the National Naval Aviation Museum located at NAS Pensacola.
If you need to plan your vacation in Destin, FL, check out potential lodging here.
Tagged Destin FL, Destin Florida, Emerald Coast, Gulf Coast events, Things to do in Florida, U.S. Blue Angels
Comments Off on Blue Angels Emerald Coast Schedule for 2019
Your Spring Vacation in Destin, Florida
Now that spring is here, we’re more than ready for warm weather and sunshine. With temperatures reaching the 70s and no more chills in the forecast, it seems like the warm weather is here to stay. That’s perfectly fine with us – we’ve hung our coats and sweaters up for the season and are ready for shorts and flip flops. If you need us, we’ll be on the beach soaking up some sun! There’s still time to plan your spring vacation to Destin, Florida. Spring doesn’t just happen during the month of March – April and May count, too! Our lodging partners Southern Vacation RentalsÂ still have some availability left forÂ vacation rentals in Destin during spring. A Playa Amore 932A at Miramar Beach Villas is one of our favorite places to stay in Destin. This four-bedroom townhome is ideal for groups of 11, so bring the whole family when you come down to Destin.
There’s a good reason we can’t get enough of A Playa Amore 932A. Jaw-droppingly luxurious with high-end upgrades, no detail was spared when this townhome was designed. White marble floors, pale blue walls, and upscale furnishings complete the coastal charm found here. The open floor plan allows the conversationÂ to flow smoothly through the living room to the kitchen are you prepare meals. A large granite breakfast bar, custom cabinetry, and stainless steel appliances make up the stunning kitchen. Accented by sparkling light fixtures and a turquoise tiled backsplash, we’re sure you’ll love preparing meals here.
The master suite is certainly our favorite room with real hardwood floors, a tray ceiling, and coastal decorations throughout. Just take a look at that bathroom! Even the walk-in shower is marble. In addition, a private backyard patio is also yours to enjoy, with ample seating and a private gas grill. You’ll have access to a private beach boardwalk when you vacation here, as well as a community pool. A Playa Amore 932A is located in the heart of Destin, so you’re closer than ever to incredible shopping, dining, andÂ more.
How will you be spending your spring break vacation in Destin, Florida? Let us know on our Facebook page. We’ll see you at the beach!
Tagged A Playa Amore 932A at Miramar Beach Villas, Destin Spring Break, March 2019, Southern Vacation Rentals
Comments Off on A Playa Amore #932A at Miramar Beach Villas
TheÂ vernal equinox, officially bringing the arrival of spring, happens this evening.
Twice a year, around March 20 or 21 and September 22 or 23, the sun’s most direct rays shine on the equator. These two days are known as the vernal (spring) equinox and the autumnal (fall) equinox, respectively.
This year, the vernal equinox takes place onÂ Wednesday, March 20, at 5:58 p.m. EDT. At this time, the sun’s most direct rays crossÂ over from the southern hemisphere into the northern hemisphere. During this process, the sun is shining directly over the earth’s equator, bathing the earth’s northern and southern hemispheres in nearly an equal amount of sunlight.
(source: The Weather Channel)
Tagged Destin, Destin FL, Destin Florida, Destin Vacation Condos
Comments Off on The First Day of Spring!