Christmas in Destin
Christmas activities in Destin, Florida abound this holiday season. Events vary from harbor parades to breakfast with Santa. Here’s some of the many events you don’t want to miss:
- Santa – Each weekend leading up to Christmas, Santa Claus will be available to listen to all wish lists, main stage at HarborWalk Villageâ€™s main stage, 12-4 p.m.Â
- Christmas Tree Lighting – Hosted by the City of Destin, the 30th annual lighting will be held Dec. 1, 6 p.m., at the Destin Community Center. Evening will include a visit from Santa, entertainment, and refreshments. Your family is invited to bring canned food donations for families in need.
- Sounds of the Season -The Mattie Kelly Arts Foundation presents the 21st Annual Sounds of the Season Dec. 2, 7 p.m., Â at Village Baptist Church, 101 Matthew Blvd. in Destin. Admission is a donation of an unwrapped childâ€™s toy.Â
- 12 Nights of Lights – Enjoy a festive light show every Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday, Dec. 2-30 in the Events Plaza at The Village of Baytowne Wharf. Times are 6, 7, & 8 p.m.
- Holiday Concert Series – Come enjoy favorite holiday classics, featuring a light show, Dec. 7, 14 and 21, 7-9 p.m., Â on the Events Plaza Stage at Baytowne Wharf. A
- Dickens Christmas – Emerald Coast Theatre Company will present its revised holiday show â€śA Dickens Christmas, A Ghostly Story,â€ť each weekend in December. The production opens Thursday, Dec. 8, and runs through Christmas Eve at the new ECTC performance space, 560 Grand Boulevard, upstairs, Sandestin.Â
- Breakfast with Santa – Ring in holiday cheer and have breakfast with Santa, Dec. 10, 11, 17 and 18, at Grande Vista Bar and Grill at the Emerald Grande. For reservations: 424-0621.
- Christmas Parade – The City of Destin’s Christmas Parade will be held at 10 a.m. Dec. 10. This year’s theme is â€śA Fishing Village Christmas.â€ť Floats will start at Downtown Destin Shopping Center (Old Time Pottery) and travel west down Harbor Boulevard (Hwy. 98) to Stahlman Avenue. Please stand on the north side of Harbor Boulevard to watch the floats.
- Breakfast with Santa – A benefit breakfast will be held from Dec. 10 at The Courtyard Sandestin at Grand Boulevard Bistro in Miramar Beach. Fifty percent of all sales will go to Food For Thought Outreach.
- Holiday Bazaar ArtWalk – The Market Shops at the entrance to Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort will host the Holiday Bazaar ArtWalk from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Dec. 10. The inaugural ArtWalk will include an artist marketplace, live music by the Fort Walton Beach HS Valhalla Choir, and children’s activities.
- Destin Harbor Boat Parade – The Destin harbor will be dancing with holiday lights and cheer during the Destin Harbor Boat Parade on Dec. 11, beginning at 6 p.m.
Next week we will feature holiday events that are very unique to Destin, including a visit by Billy Claus!