Crab Cruncher Classic & Cobia World Championships at Harbor Docks
Excitement is at fever pitch as cobia season is underway in Destin! One of our premier tournaments, the Cobia World Championships, began with the first catch of cobia last month and ends on May 9. This was the first catch of the season – a 58.7 pounder caught by Joey Sostheim aboard the Baby Gray out of Panama City.
- One of the divisions of the tournament, the Crab Cruncher Classic is this weekend, beginning tomorrow, April 7 and ending on Monday, April 11. The Crab Cruncher kick-off party will be Thursday night, at 7:00 p.m., with BBQ on the docks.
- Harbor Docks is the host for the Cobia World Championships. Proceeds from the tournament benefit one of our favorite local events, the annual Take-A-Kid Fishing Day.
- Anglers won more than $300,000 in prize money last year.
- Our partner charter boat captains in Destin, Fl would love to take you fishing for cobia or any of the other bounty available in gulf waters. Â You can find direct links to First Light Fishing, Lilâ€™ Stasia Charter Boat, and Phoenix Charter Fishing. You can schedule deep sea fishing or light tackle sport fishing for you, your family, or a group.
- Even if you’re not fishing any of the tournaments, it’s a great time to visit Harbor Docks each afternoon to watch the boats arrive to weigh-in their catches of the day, then you can enjoy a delicious meal right there at Harbor Docks.
This beautiful catch by Melinda Hickey, a 59.3 pound cobia, caught aboard the Raptor, is now leading the womenâ€™s category. If you want to keep up with daily catches, you can visit the Cobia World Championship Facebook page.