Destin Shines in Top Destination Buzz
National articles and polls continue to show the love for Destin, ranking our beautiful area as one of the best destinations on the planet.
- Destin is especially popular on digital media darlings – Mashable and Buzzfeed. Mashable posted a slideshow recently ranking the â€śTop Summer Destinations of 2014â€ť. Destin ranks 4th behind Myrtle Beach, Las Vegas, New York City. It ranks ahead of Ocean City, MD, Orlando, Virginia Beach, San Francisco, San Diego, and Key West.
- Over on Buzzfeed, Destin is featured in an article entitled â€śEleven Small Florida Towns You Need to Visit.â€ť Â Sanibel Island ranks first, followed by Tarpon Springs, Santa Rosa Beach, Delray Beach, Destin, St. Augustine, Fort Myers, Clearwater Beach, Apalachicola, and Amelia Island. Â Not bad company on that list!Â
- The Buzzfeed article says, “Most people go to Destin for the unbelievable beaches, and itâ€™s easy to see why: Theyâ€™re quite perfect. Plus, thereâ€™s a fun (and free!)Â boardwalkÂ to stroll on. If youâ€™re looking for loads of outdoor action, Destin is a great spot to visit.”
- TripAdvisor tapped Destin in its Travelers’ Choice awards last year as one of the “Top 10 Destinations on the Rise.” Destin came in at number three just behind Kailua-Kona, Hawaii and Anchorage, Alaska.
- Southern Living magazine is currently conducting an online poll, asking readers â€śWhatâ€™s Your Favorite Southern Beach?”Â Right now, Orange Beach, Myrtle Beach, Gulf Shores, Destin, and St. Simons Island are battling it out in the Top 5. Â You can join the fun and participate in the voting. Â Just click thisÂ link and cast your vote.
If you need any help planning your next visit to our little section of beach paradise, we are happy toÂ