Emerald Coast Blue Marlin Classic Starts Friday
Destin is considered one the best fishing destinations in the world and one of our biggest events starts this Friday. (Weather has delayed the start by one day.)
The Emerald Coast Blue Marlin Classic is Northwest Floridaâ€™s most successful entry into world-class sport fishing tournaments. It remains one of the richest on the Gulf Coast, attracting major players from across the globe.Â Last year, 91 teams fished for more than two million dollars!
With cash categories for billfish dolphin, tuna, and wahoo as well as individual angler trophies, fishermen have a multitude of ways to make Destin fishing tournament history. Anglers and spectators will also enjoy nightly entertainment and activities, including a live cooking demonstration, fireworks and live music on Friday.
You donâ€™t want to miss the weigh-ins down at the Baytowne Marina docks. Hereâ€™s the updated schedule:
- Registration: Wednesday, 4-8 p.m.
- Captains Meeting: Wednesday, 6-7 p.m.
- Jackpots and Late Entry: Thursday, 9 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- Start of Fishing: Friday, 7 a.m.
- Saturday Weigh-In: 4-9 p.m.
- Sunday Weigh-In: 2 p.m. to finish (boats must be under the Destin Pass bridge by 4 p.m.)
- Awards: Sunday After Weigh-In