Emeril’s Shout Out on Instagram for a Destin Restaurant
When you’re the new kid on the block, how must it feel to get a big Instagram¬†shout out from a restaurant king? Here’s the Instagram posted by Emeril Lagasse after dining at¬†Jackacudas Seafood & Sushi¬†in Destin:
- I asked Executive Chef Tyler McMahan about his reaction after receiving such a nice compliment: ¬†“That’s pretty cool. There’s this world famous chef who took the time to give us a shout out.”¬†McMahan says the credit goes to the entire staff at Jackacudas: “We’ve got a great group of people working here. ¬†We treat everyone like Emeril.”
- McMahan grew up in Fort Walton Beach, so he’s been fishing local waters since he was a child and he’s been working in area restaurants since he was 15. ¬†He says he and his two best¬†friends decided to go out on their own, joining the Destin dining scene and opening Jackacudas on Fat Tuesday.
- Emeril relocated with his family from New York City to the Destin area a few years ago. He and his wife Alden appear on the cover of the current edition of the local magazine, Vie.
- In the article entitled “A Bountiful Life,” Emeril says he’s fallen in love with a genuine sense of community and a laid-back, family-friendly beach lifestyle. “I also can’t complain about being able to go fishing whenever there’s an opportunity.”
- Emeril’s restaurant show, “Emeril’s Florida,” is in it’s second season on The Cooking Channel. ¬†Several restaurants along the Emerald Coast will be featured in season two including Seagar’s at Sandestin, Marlin Grill and The Marina at Baytowne Wharf, and the Wine Bar at Grand Boulevard.
- You may remember Emeril’s video love letter to Destin as part of a “Most Beautiful Places” segment on ABC News in 2011. You can take a look¬†here.¬†Fair warning‚Ä¶it will make you want to plan your next trip to the beach!
Congratulations again to Chef Tyler and the crew at Jackacudas.