A Sweet Snack to Stay Healthy
Healthy Chocolate Sea Salt Bars
Spending a little more time indoors lately? Satisfy your sweet tooth and stay healthy with our recipe for healthy chocolate sea salt bars. The best part is that there is no baking required! Just pop them into the freezer for a couple of hours, let them set, and enjoy. This quick and easy recipe doesn’t require many ingredients and with the exception of a couple of things, you probably already have most of these ingredients lying around your house.
|1/2 cups pecans||1 1/2 cups of oats||3/4 cup coconut oil, melted||8 whole pitted Medjool dates (preferably organic!)|
|A pinch of coarse sea salt||1/2 cup cocoa powder||1/4 cup organic agave||Powdered sugar (optional)|
For the crust:
- Combine pecans, oats, 1/2 cup coconut oil, dates, and sea salt in a food processor and pulse until nicely blended. Set aside 1/2 cup of the mixture.
- Press the remaining mixture into a 9″x5″ pan lined with parchment paper or a good non-stick spray.
For the filling:
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together, cocoa powder, 1/4 cup coconut oil, and agave until smooth. Pour evenly over crust
- Dab the top of the filling with remaining crust and press gently. Sprinkle with extra sea salt.
- Place in the freezer and chill for two hours before cutting into bars.
- Serve and enjoy!
Or, if you don’t feel like cooking, check out some local restaurants in Destin, Florida that are offering to-go or delivery services. There has never been a better time to support our local community! And, when you’re ready to book your summer vacation, visit our recent blog for your summer vacation inspiration. We can’t wait to welcome you to the beach once more!