It’s Oyster Season!
The Best Grilled Oysters in Destin
With oyster season here to stay until April 2021, it’s time to dig in and enjoy this delectable treat. Most restaurants will serve oysters raw or baked, but one delicious way to enjoy oysters is grilled. If you’re looking for the best grilled oysters in Destin, we recommend you try out Acme Oyster House located in the Seascape Towne Center. Their sizzling chargrilled oysters are “saturated in an herbÂ butter sauce, topped with a special blend ofÂ cheese.”
But of course, if you want to make grilled oysters, nothing is more fun than trying out a new recipe at home! Visit your local seafood market for some fresh oysters (we like Sexton’s here in Destin), fire up the grill, and get started!
- 16 whole live oysters
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely minced
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon chili pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tbsp finely minced parsley
- Cracked black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup parmesan, optional
LETâ€™S GET COOKINâ€™!
- In a saucepan over medium-low heat, combine the olive oil, butter, and garlic. Gently sautee until fragrant, about 20-30 seconds. Garlic can burn quickly, so be sure not to overdo it.
- Add the lemon juice, chili pepper flakes, salt, pepper, and parsley. Turn off the heat and transfer to a medium-sized bowl.
- Set your oysters directly on hot grill grates.Â Cover the grill and cook until the oysters open, about 5-6 minutes. Using tongs, transfer to a platter while making sure not to spill any of the liquid from inside the oysters.
- Quickly but gently, remove the top shells and loosen the oysters. Top off each oyster with the parsley butter and parmesan before returning to the grill. This part should only take about one minute.
- Serve and enjoy!