The Last Flavors of Summer
Make this Refreshing Watermelon Cocktail
Labor Day is just around the corner, which means that it’s only a few short days until we’ll be saying goodbye to summer until next year. Send summer off in style with one of our favorite flavors of the season: watermelon! This light and refreshing watermelon cocktail is the perfect drink to enjoy this weekend, whether you’re doing an at-home happy hour on Friday or celebrating Labor Day in Destin this weekend. You won’t believe how easy this watermelon cocktail is to make!
- We de-seeded our watermelon before cutting into cubes. This keeps the drink nice and smooth and makes it easier to strain.
- We used vodka, but you can certainly use rum if you have it on hand. Both work just fine for this watermelon cocktail!
- Don’t skip the triple sec – the citrus flavor pairs perfectly with the watermelon and will have you dreaming of summer long after your last sip.
Ready? Let’s get started!
- 3 cups of watermelon, cubed
- 3 oz. of your favorite vodka or rum
- 3 oz. triple sec
- 2 limes, juiced
- Basil or mint leaves for garnish
- Add the cubed and de-seeded watermelon to a blender or food processor and pulse until liquefied.
- Stran through a cocktail strainer or mesh sieve into a cocktail shaker.
- Add liquor, triple sec, lime juice, and ice to the cocktail shaker. Shake until combined.
- Pour over fresh ice into your favorite glass and garnish with fresh mint or basil leaves.
- Serve and enjoy!
Looking for more recipes? Visit our blog to see what we’re cooking up!
Now is also a great time to start planning for your fall vacation to Destin. Our lodging partners Southern Vacation Rentals still have availability for fall, but you don’t want to miss out on your spot on the sand! Browse their inventory of Destin, Florida vacation rentals, featuring everything from large homes with private pools to beachfront condos with incredible amenities.