Southwest Airline Fall Specials = Beach Time!
If I had to list my favorite companies, Southwest Airlines would be in the Top 5. ¬†
I love Southwest for many reasons including pricing, rapid rewards program, flight change ease, no luggage fees, entertaining flight attendants, quality website, and a great phone app.
- Do you live in one of cities providing non-stop service to the Florida panhandle? ¬†If Destin, FL is not within easy driving distance for you, I can recommend flying into the new airport located on the northwest side of Panama City Beach, the Northwest Florida Beaches International Airport.
- According to the airport website, Southwest offers daily nonstop flights to and from Baltimore, MD (BWI), Houston, TX (HOU), Nashville, TN (BNA) and St. Louis, MO (STL) with connecting service to all other destinations.¬†
- The airport, with the three letter airport code ECP, will begin offering ¬†nonstop service to Dallas, TX via Dallas Love Field next year.
- Southwest is currently offering a fall special for one way Nashville flights for as low as $81 and from Houston for $118. ¬†Southwest also flies into the Pensacola International Airport. ¬†Both airports are approximately 50 miles to downtown Destin.
- If you live in a city served by Southwest, I also recommend signing up for their special offer notifications. ¬†Through email, the program is called ‚Äúclick ‚Äėn save‚ÄĚ and through the app, it is called ‚Äúding.‚ÄĚ
- The next time you fly Southwest, you will notice a new look. ¬†The airline haslaunched a new branding campaign featuring a revision of the Southwest logo. ¬†‚ÄúWe explored numerous options and always came back to the vibrant, iconic heart as the only symbol that sums up our unique brand,‚ÄĚ says Vanessa Peace, Manager of Brand Identity at Southwest. ‚ÄúSouthwest employees are humble, and they carry that humility in everything they do,‚ÄĚ explains Rodney Abbott, senior designer.¬† ‚ÄúWe were careful to retain the humbleness of the heart in the logo, yet go bold with it on the aircraft belly.‚ÄĚ
- This is a fun fast motion time-lapse video, featuring the painting of one of the planes with the new logo.
- How nice about an impromptu beach trip? ¬†October is a perfect month for a visit. The weather is beautiful and special activities abound. ¬†The annual Destin Fishing Rodeo kicks off October 1. ¬†Try your luck and connect with our favorite fishing captains to arrange a day of deep sea fishing. Also, the Destin Seafood Festival is Oct. 3-5. ¬†If you would like to join the fun, check with our lodging partners for fall specials on Destin vacation rentals.