Splash into Summer at Destin’s Big Kahuna’s
Big Kahuna’s is going strong already¬†unleashing summer, let the good times roll…
Big Kahuna’s was voted one of the Best Waterparks in America by the Travel Channel. With more than 40 water attractions and an adventure park, Big Kahuna’s offers something for every member of the family. It’s a sure exciting “Things to Do in Destin” must-do!
Located at 1007 US Highway 98 East in Destin, FL, Big Kahuna’s now sits on 25 acres and is featured in www.FLWaterparks.com as Big Kahuna’s Lost Paradise. Open since 1986, Destin’s water park is the most exciting and fun-filled water and amusement park on the Emerald Coast. You can relax and sun in the wave pool or get a thrill from one of the many water slides. Locally named “Big K”,¬† it also features quiet pools, areas just for kid’s age groups, and the biggest man-made waterfall in the world!
There’s¬†Rides and Slides¬†for EVERYONE…
- Bomb’s Away Bay is the tropical oasis you’ve been searching for. A little something for everyone from slides to pools to waterfalls and it’s own pirate ship that truly adds a fantasy world for the young splashers. The water depth ranges 5 feet with a shore-like zero depth entry.
- Cobra Twister twists into the lazy river on this slide. Slow and casual; just right for the faint at heart.
- Jumanji has you lying on your back sliding over 70 feet of pure adrenaline free-fall-darkness! It’s a unique feeling only found on the Jumanji!
- Hammerhead is 2 slides that start on top of the Temple of Doom that take you straight into a splash zone where everyone is sure to get wet.
- Honolulu Half Pipe is guaranteed to deliver the thrill of you catching the perfect wave with a non-stop always flowing wave that moves 36,000 gallons of water per minute. This ride you can body board surf or “flowboard” (stand up surfing). Flowboarding is done in the evening hours only.
- Maui Pipeline sends a rush of “free fall” from these speed slides. These three slides are definitely for the thrill seekers, taking you up to high speeds and bringing you to an exciting wet stop.
- Monkey River adds twists, 360-degree turns and water to give a crazy experience only monkey’s know about.
- Thunder River has more curves, twists and drops that take you down a hill through the heart of the park. Traveling through falls and turns on a single or double tube
- Tiki River Run can be experienced alone on a single tube or with a¬†friend on the double tube. There are twists, tunnels, and turns that take you through waterfalls to a splash down pool. So fun riding with a friend or for those younger ones that don’t like going alone! A sure favorite
- Raging Rhino River has sloping rapids, twists and turns that take you through chutes and the lush landscape deep in the heart of Big K’s before splashing down into Humunga River.
Some rides have height restrictions, but even so, there are many many activities that do not, that anyone can enjoy. There is a really good variety of food as well as drinks for adults as well as for the kids. There is the popular Dippin’ Dots icecream on site and Lockers are available for an extra fee to protect all your belongings. Enjoy a¬†day or two at Big Kahuna’s Lost Paradise! It will totally complete your Destin Experience.