Tailgating is Better at the Beach
Tailgating at the Beach
Football may be in limbo, but tailgating at the beach doesn’t have to be! There’s plenty of time to still enjoy a beach vacation with your friends and family this fall. Whether you’re planning a large group getaway or a place to visit with a smaller group, tailgating at the beach has never looked better. And, to accompany your tailgate, we’re sharing one of our favorite smoked tuna dip recipes that everyone will love. You can easily source these items at a local grocery store when you’re staying in a Destin vacation rental and then prepare it in the comfort of your fully equipped kitchen. You’ll be amazed at how easy it is!
Smoked Tuna Dip Recipe
Prep time: 15 minutes
- 1 5-oz can albacore tuna
- 1 8-oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 tsp liquid smoke
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Paprika (smoked or regular) for garnish
This recipe yields about 1 1/2 cups and is intended to serve as an appetizer. To double the size for a larger group, be sure to add more tuna and cream cheese and season to taste.
- Drain the tuna well. In a medium bowl, combine the tuna, cream cheese, Worcestershire sauce, liquid smoke garlic powder, salt, and paprika. Blend using a hand mixer or a stand mixer.
- Taste and adjust the seasonings to your preference. Don’t add too much more liquid smoke, since a little goes a long way!
- Cover and chill in the fridge 30 minutes – 1 hour.
- When you’re ready to serve, add some extra paprika for garnish. Shunk Gulley Oyster Bar garnishes theirs with some finely diced scallions and Peruvian peppers. Enjoy with your favorite crackers or pita chips!
We hope you enjoyed this smoked tuna dip recipe! If you’re planning on tailgating at the beach this fall, be sure to contact our lodging partners Southern Vacation Rentals to book the best Destin vacation rental for your trip. We hope to see you at the beach!