The Best Breweries on the Emerald Coast
Our Favorite Breweries in Destin and Fort Walton Beach
There is something about a brewery we just love. Maybe it’s the sense of fellowship and camaraderie we feel as soon as we cross the threshold. Maybe it’s the feeling of getting to try local beer brewed by passionate beer-lovers themselves. Whichever it is, we’re glad to know that there are those who share the same sentiment as us. Along the Emerald Coast, you’ll find a variety of breweries that cater to everyone’s taste. There has never been a better time to beer a beer lover! Check out some of our favorite breweries in Destin and Fort Walton Beach that are loved by locals and visitors alike. Don’t forget to tell us which one is your favorite on our Facebook page!
- Destin Brewery – Located off the beaten path, Destin Brewery is newer to the Emerald Coast brewery scene, but quickly becoming a favorite brewery in Destin. They use local ingredients like Florida citrus and Destin honey in their beers, with a variety of year-round and seasonal brews to offer its visitors.
- Props Brewery & Taproom – This veteran-owned and operated brewery in Fort Walton Beach is definitely a favorite brewery and a must-try if you are staying on Okaloosa Island, since you can easily get there in just a few minutes. Their production brewery is one of the largest in the area and pumps out around 3,000 barrels per year. That’s a lot of beer! Become a taproom regular and you may be among the first to try new beers that their brewers have whipped up.
- McGuire’s Irish Pub – McGuire’s has been brewing their own beer for over 25 years, with five regular beers throughout the year and a rotating seasonal beer. They even make their “famous rootbeer” in house and pour it straight from the keg. Beer lovers will enjoy a tour of the brewery and those who brew at home are given some special house yeast to try on their next batch.
- Grayton Beer Co. – While not technically on the Emerald Coast, we couldn’t talk about our favorite breweries without mentioning Grayton Beer. You’re probably familiar with their 30A IPA, 30A Beach Blonde Ale, or their 30A Rose Gose. Local to the area for almost a decade, Grayton Beer is locally-loved and visitor-approved.
- Fort Walton Brewing Company – This newer “nano-brewery” in Fort Walton Beach hosts a variety of seasonal beers you can enjoy from their taproom and beer garden. Enjoy small-batch craft beers and great service when you stop by here!
Make these breweries in Destin and Fort Walton Beach a stop on your next vacation!