Tips for Planning Your Destin Vacation
Who’s dreaming and planning their next vacation? We are all hoping this year will bring us back to our “happy” places. If a vacation in Destin, Florida is on your horizon, here are some of our favorite tips to help you prepare for your getaway.
- ¬†Reserve Now.¬† With so many terrific homes and condominiums to choose from, your options are greater if you can plan in advance. Also, sign-up for rental company emails so you can be notified of any “flash sales.” To check your options, go here.
- ¬†Explore Your Options.¬† It‚Äôs so much easier now to search for properties online with detailed photographs and maps. Use the search function on rental websites to narrow down your choices. For example, do you want a private pool or community pool? Hot tub or tennis courts?¬†¬†
- Location, Location, Location.¬† Once you decide on your beach location, enter your vacation dates and the number of people who will be staying in the rental property. Many rentals are Saturday-to-Saturday in the summer time, but you can explore the online calendars for shorter stay options.¬†
- View the Photos.¬† Once you narrow down possibilities, take a good look at the online photographs for the places you are considering. The photos will give you a good idea of location, decor, bedrooms, etc.¬† If the listing says “beach view”, you should be able to see a photo of what that view is like from the property.
- Additional Reservations.¬† Once you have nailed down your vacation rental in Destin, Florida, you can move on to planning the “fun” of your vacation. The Destin area offers a slew of activities – everything from deep sea fishing to dolphin tours.