Tips for Planning Your Next Destin Vacation
With beautiful weather forecast for the next several days, who‚Äôs thinking spring break or summer vacation plans? With so many terrific homes and condominiums to choose from, your options are greater if you can plan in advance. ¬†Here are some tips to help you get started:
- Reserve Now. ¬†Rental companies often offer great spring specials. For example, Southern Vacation Rentals is offering 20 to 30% off new reservations for certain locations and/or dates. They also have a rent ‚Äútwo-nights, get a third night free‚ÄĚ special running for Valentine‚Äôs and the month of February. To check the options, go here¬†and look for the “specials” tab.
- Explore Your Options. ¬†It‚Äôs so much easier now to search for properties online with detailed photographs and maps. Use the search function on rental websites to narrow down your choices. ¬†For example, do you want a private pool or community pool? Hot tub or tennis courts?¬†
- Location, Location, Location. ¬†Once you decide on your beach location, enter your vacation dates and the number of people who will be staying in the rental property. Many rentals are Saturday-to-Saturday in the summer time, but you can explore the online calendars for shorter stay options.
- View the Photos. ¬†Once you narrow down possibilities, take a good look at the online photographs for the places you are considering. ¬†The photos will give you a good idea of location, decor, bedrooms, etc. ¬†If the listing says “beach view”, you should be able to see a photo of what that view is like from the property.
- Additional Reservations. ¬†Once you have nailed down your vacation rental in Destin, Florida, you can move on to planning the “fun” of your vacation. The Destin area offers a slew of activities – everything from deep sea fishing to dolphin tours.