Water Sports Abound in Destin
Thereâ€™s nothing like a day out on the water. While deep sea fishing is our most popular water sport, our intracoastal waterway is also popular for small crafts. Thereâ€™s a never ending variety of things to do in Destin, FL. The waterways are great locations for water activities such as paddle boarding and dolphin cruises.
- GUSU Paddleboards (Get Up, Stand Up Paddlesports) is a terrific starting point, offering paddleboard, surfboard, and kayak rentals. GUSU also offers lessons with professional instructors. Boards and kayaks can be rented by the hour, day, or week.
- Kitty Hawk Kites, down on the Destin Harbor, is not just a kite store. Itâ€™s another source for board and kayak rentals. You can also rent a GoPro camera to record your fun.
- Crab Island Dolphin Tours – Do you want to leave the navigating to someone else? Captain Wayne Burnette will captain your vessel and manage your water adventure. Crab Island Dolphin Tours also has pontoon boats and waverunners to rent. If youâ€™re looking for something extra-special, the company also provides dolphin tours, fireworks or sunset cruises.
- Destin Snorkel – Destin Snorkel has something for everyone with its variety of tours. Do you want to go shelling or see fireworks? Here are the options: two-stop snorkeling, SNUBAÂ®, shelling/dolphin, dolphin/sunset and fireworks tours.Â
- Dockside Watersports – Dockside will rent you a pontoon boat or fishing boat for your day of fun. Dockside is also a terrific place to rent jet skis. If you need a guide out on the water, they have the folks who can also take you out to search for dolphins.
- Ride on Surf School – Our favorite surfing school can teach young and old how to enjoy this wonderful sport. Your day will include the proper equipment and complete instruction on everything from how to paddle, stand, and ride the waves, plus surfing etiquette.
- Destin Vacation Boat Rentals – Explore Destin on a power boat, pontoon boat, or a jet-ski. Cruise over to Crab Island and have some fun in the sun or rent a fishing boat and cast your reel into the Gulf. If you are staying in a Southern Vacation Rental in Destin, you can receive a FREE stand up paddleboard or kayak rental when you rent a 24â€² pontoon boat with Southern Perks!