Weekend Brunch Destin-Style
Where is your favorite place for Saturday or Sunday Brunch in the Destin area?
Our local newspaper, the Destin Log, recently conducted an informal brunch survey on its Facebook page. ¬†(Some restaurants serve their brunch specialities on both days, some only on Sundays.) ¬†Here’s a look at the top vote getters:
- Harry T’s – “Tenderloin Benedict!” and “endless champagne with pineapple & cranberry”
- McGuire’s – an Irish coffee brunch featuring omelets made with six eggs (!), potatoes O’Brien & beignets on the side,¬†“way more bang for your buck”
- 790 on the Gulf – ¬†menu at www.eatmoregumbo.com features shrimp & andouille sausage omelet & French Quarter beignets, “hands down” favorite
- Pancakery – “banana pancakes” or “crab cake Benedict”
- Capriccio Cafe – new locally owned Italian cafe specializing in coffees & crepes including a nutella crepe
- Another Broken Egg, Callahan’s, and Donut Hole also received mentions
One Destin restaurant, Jackacudas at Harbor Walk Village, joins the weekend brunch line-up this weekend. ¬†New menu items include a bacon-chorizo omelet and a roasted ham-fig jam omelet. ¬†Brunch will be served on Saturdays and Sundays, starting at 9:30 a.m. Brunch with a view – looking forward to trying this one!