What Makes Destin Unique?
Thatās the question the local newspaper, the Destin Log, posed to readers this week in an article written by Matt Algarin. Ā Hereās a re-cap of some of the most popular answers:Ā
- The beach & waterā¦the term āsugar whiteā is often used the describe our sand. The water color depends on location and time of year. Ā Just imagine every shade of green and blue.
- The fishing fleetā¦itās the largest fishing fleet in the state of Florida.
- The fishingā¦itās been a terrific summer for bountiful catches, continuing to earn the name āWorldās Luckiest Fishing Village.ā Ā Visitors can also come down to the docks and watch the weigh-ins each day.
- Fresh grilled seafoodā¦with fresh fish coming straight off the boats, local restaurants cook up the daily catches, including several along the waterfront. Grilled grouper served at sunset anyone?
- Crab Islandā¦a popular gathering point for boaters & swimmers just north of the Destin Bridge.
- Year-round water sportsā¦snorkeling, paddle boarding, kite surfing, kayak eco-tours. The water may get a little chilly in the winter, but it just means time to bring out the wetsuits. Ā
- Destin Fishing Rodeoā¦held every October and going strong since 1948.
- Localsā¦one commenter said āall the great folks who live there and make us ātourists’ feel at home.āĀ
If you would like to experience some or all of the above, we invite you to visit Destin, FL. We think you will fall in love with this unique and very special place.