Beach Bag Essentials for Summer
What to Pack in Your Beach Bag
With the anticipation of the beaches opening back up, this leaves us plenty of time to plan what to pack in our beach bags. It seems like every time without fail, we always leave something behind and find ourselves stopping at a local store to pick up the missing piece, whether it’s an extra towel or sunscreen, or even another pair of sunglasses. Consider this your official guide on what to pack in your beach bag, from all of the essentials to some extra fun things that will enhance your trip to the beach. We don’t know about you, but we can practically smell the salt air!
(Image courtesy of Southern Vacation Rentals)
- Beach Bag – there is no substitute for a good beach bag! Look for one that packs easily in your suitcase and is sturdy enough for a day at the beach. Inside zipper pockets and a secure zipper top are a bonus!
- Sunscreen – sunscreen is one of the most important things to pack in your beach bag, since you¬†will suffer a bad sunburn without it. The American Cancer Society recommends¬†a sunscreen with broad-spectrum protection, which fights against UVA and UVB rays. UVB rays are the main cause of sunburn and skin cancer, and UVA rays cause premature aging. In¬†addition, your sunscreen should have an SPF of 30 or higher to protect against skin cancer or aging. Be sure to apply sunscreen every two hours when under the sun, and every hour when swimming or sweating.
- Beach Hat – want to double down on protection from the rays? Grab a large beach hat to give your shoulders, neck, and face some extra shade.
- Sunglasses – leave your name-brand sunglasses at home and grab an inexpensive pair of sunglasses to take to the beach. You won’t be upset when they get sandy or lost in the waves (although, we hope this doesn’t happen!). Be on the lookout for¬†sunglasses that filter out UVA and UVB light to help protect your eyes.
- Towels – tip: pack an old sheet or blanket to lay out on the sand, and an extra towel to dry off when you get out of the
- water. Turkish towels are often top-rated for their high quality and easy drying ability after a day in the sun.
- Bluetooth Speakers – for a day at the beach with your friends, Bluetooth speakers are a must! Look for a set that is water-resistant, but still be cautious to keep the sand out of the speakers.¬†Just be sure to be courteous of your fellow beach-goers and keep the noise to a minimum.
- Beach Spiker – Beach Spikers are popular among beachgoers since you can just set your drink down in the sand and not have to worry about it falling over or getting sandy. Beach Spikers can also hold your phone, sunglasses, sunscreen, and more!
We can’t wait to welcome you on your vacation to Destin, Florida this summer! In the meantime, browse some Destin, Florida vacation rentals with our lodging partners Southern Vacation Rentals and join us for the countdown to summer vacation in Destin.