Fourth of July Events in Destin!
Fourth of July is the best time to visit the beach! There are so many exciting events and activities happening along the Gulf Coast during Independence Day weekend. You are sure to find something for everyone in your party. We have listed a few of our favorite Fourth of July events in Destin for you to enjoy during your stay!
The one thing that comes to mind when thinking about celebrating Independence Day is fireworks! Destin’s HarborWalk Village is hosting a Fourth of July event with live music and a spectacular firework show. The entertainment begins at 7 pm and the fireworks start at 9 pm. While you are enjoying the event, make sure to check out all that HarborWalk Village has to offer! There is shopping scattered throughout and tons of delicious dining with a view of the harbor.
Smoke on the Coast
The annual Smoke on the Coast event is one your whole family will love! It is being hosted by The Destin Commons on July 3rd. The event starts at 5 pm and will feature different BBQ booths from local restaurants. There will also be entertainment for your kids and live music to add even more excitement to the event. Make sure to vote for People’s Choice of BBQ before you conclude your evening.
As an added bonus for your trip to the beach, we have included some water activities in Destin below that your family will love! There is no better way to enjoy staying in Destin than by booking some water adventure during your trip. Cool off from the hot summer days by participating in one or more of these family-friendly activities in Destin:
- Spot dolphins on a cruise through the Choctawhatchee Bay
- Spend a day on the Gulf with a Destin fishing charter
- Book paddleboards or kayaks on the beach with La Dolce Vita
- Rent a pontoon boat and splash around Crab Island
We hope these Fourth of July events in Destin help you plan the ultimate Independence Day along the Gulf Coast! For more activity inspiration and information on the list above, click here.
June 11, 2021
in Events, Homepage Featured Articles
Tagged Fourth of July, Fourth of July Events in Destin, Fourth of July in Destin, Independence Day in Destin
Comments Off on Fourth of July in Destin
As you probably already know, this is a very popular time to go on vacation to Destin, Florida. It’s a driveable beach vacation for many people who are ready to escape quarantine. Crowded beaches also mean crowded grocery stores and crowded restaurants. If you don’t want to spend all your time waiting in line, here are some tips to help you get your vacation off to a great start:
- Pack a vacation prep kit. If you have ever been to Destin grocery stores on a summer weekend, you know those stores are jam-packed. Our advice is to pack a vacation prep kit. Leading up to your vacation, set aside a large beach tote or basket and start filling with basic necessities. Some examples of things to bring from home: laundry soap, toilet paper, garbage bags, bath soap, napkins, paper plates, salt & pepper, cooking spices, reusable storage containers, chip clips, coffee, tea, sugar, & coffee filters. Some of these items are provided by rental companies, but if you are staying for one week and/or traveling with a larger group, extras are always needed.
- Keep a master list so you don’t forget anything from home. Thankfully, there are now apps that can help you with packing list reminders. You can also go old-school and create a reusable list which reminds you to pack the sunglasses, beach towels, sunscreen, chargers, etc. Pack a sharpie and sticky notes for leaving notes during the week.
- Plan breakfast & lunch for the first few days. Freeze lunch meat, cheese, and milk, then, throw all in a cooler just before you leave home. Add some boxes of cereal, bread, and snacks and you can get through the first few days without facing the long grocery store lines.
- Order your groceries. It’s well worth it to subscribe to Shipt, an app-based service grocery delivery service. Through the Shipt app, members create grocery lists, choose a delivery window, and pay for the order via credit card. A Shipt delivery person then picks up the order at your selected grocery store and delivers the groceries to the address submitted. If you are a subscriber in your hometown, you can switch your location to your vacation address. For a detailed map of the coverage area visit shipt.com/gulf-coast. Shipt can also deliver from the ABC Fine Wines & Spirit store in Florida. Be flexible on your delivery times. Shoppers are especially busy during these times.
- Use local concierge services. Two local companies, Be My Shopper and Beach Butlers, offer an even more personalized service. Shoppers will shop your grocery list and deliver to your rental unit, even putting away the groceries. It’s all there waiting for you on your arrival!
- Make dinner reservations. Schedule dinner either early or late. If you can avoid the 6:00-8:00 p.m. main dinner hour, this can help shorten your restaurant wait times. Several Destin restaurants are now accepting reservations through the OpenTable app.
June 9, 2021
in Events, General News, Homepage Featured Articles
Tagged Be My Shopper, Beach Butlers, Destin, Destin FL, Destin Florida, Destin restaurant, destin restaurants, luckiest fishing village, packing list, Vacation in Destin
Comments Off on Top Tips for Your Destin Vacation
Best Brunch Places in Destin
Your vacation to the beach wouldn’t be complete without a morning spent enjoying a delicious breakfast with your family or friends. There are multiple restaurants in Destin that have an incredible brunch menu so you are sure to find a spot that everyone will love. Whether you are grabbing a quick bite to eat before heading home from vacation or fueling up for a day in the sun, you will love these best brunch places in Destin, FL.
Your kids will love the endless pancake options when dining at The Pancakery in Destin. They also have other breakfast items on their menu that make it a favorite brunch spot for visitors and locals alike. From omelets to avocado toast, they have it all!
Looking for brunch with a view in Destin? Tailfins is the place for you! They have a delicious brunch menu that is served overlooking the Destin harbor. For those who prefer sweet over savory for breakfast, try the French Toast!
Another Broken Egg
You can never go wrong with Another Broken Egg! The one in Destin is located on Highway 98 and features classic menu items such as Eggs Benedict and Shrimp N Grits.
The Donut Hole
If you decide to try out The Donut Hole, make sure you arrive early! There is typically a line to get in the door due to the popularity of this brunch spot in Destin. Their donuts are, of course, incredible but they also have other delicious pastries and traditional menu items. You can visit The Donut Hole for a sit-down brunch or walk up to the counter to get some pastries to go.
East Pass Coffee Co
East Pass Coffee Co is a local favorite to grab a quick bite to eat and a delicious coffee. They are located in the heart of Destin and have tons of different coffee options to choose from. One of our favorite menu items to get when visiting is their avocado toast. It is delicious!
If what you are looking for is fresh ingredients, freshly squeezed juice, and a super cool atmosphere, check out Local Market in Destin. They are located on Holiday Isle making it a perfect location no matter where you are staying in Destin.
790 on the Gulf
790 on the Gulf is for those searching for an upscale Sunday brunch. They feature a delicious menu with Louisiana influence and a gorgeous view of the Gulf!
These best brunch places in Destin all offer delicious menus that your whole family will love! Click here to find even more restaurants in Destin.
June 4, 2021
in General News, Homepage Featured Articles
Tagged Best Brunch Places in Destin, Brunch in Destin, Summer Vacation in Destin
Comments Off on Brunch in Destin